Confused about about a prescription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused about about a prescription

Since I can no longer take IVSM my Neuro RX a Medrol dose pack. I talked to the pharmacist but I am still confused.

Is Medrol a stronger version of the dose pack your PCP would rx if you had, say bronchitis? Or is it on the level of Solumedrol only in an oral version? If it's not any stronger than the dose pack your PCP would Rx I don't see why I would take it.

I am having a major flare and hoping this Merol pack will help. If it's not any stronger then I just as well eat M&M's.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Medrol like Solumedrol easily crosses the blood brain barrier. It is often prescribed for migraines, oral steroids for MS, etc. Prednisone also crosses the BBB, but has to do it at high and frequent doses.

Talk with your neurologist about this further as a more in depth conversation is needed.

Take care and I hope you feel better soon!

Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

22Cyclist, I have done some research and now feel better about the rx. My Neuro explained the script to me very well but I was having one of those days where I wasnt comprehending very well.

So now I hope they will help me out.

Thank you for your reply.
      Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
      Babe Ruth

Comment

Working...
      X