My glasses make me dizzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My glasses make me dizzy

I'm talking about the same old prescription, same pair of glasses and EVERY pair I get. It's not the prescription. Nothing wrong with the glasses.

I've noticed this for a long time. I usually don't wear my glasses at home... just walk around blind unless I want to see something on television. Other than that.. I wing it.

But as soon as I put them on... I'm more lightheaded than usual. I'm not sure what this is all about.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

When I got new glasses last year, my eye Dr put a small prism in the lenses.

It has helped with some blurriness and double vision. I'm not sure if this would help you, but maybe research and ask your eye Dr about it.

Good luck.

Comment

Marti,

I have a similar experience. It's especially bad the moment I put my glasses on or take them off. My eyes do some kind of adjustment that makes me a little dizzy. On bad days (I'm tired), my glasses make me dizzy all the time. On good days (I'm well rested), I don't even notice it.

This disease has led to a million little symptoms that defy articulation or common sense in me. It's not even worth trying to address because I've got bigger things I want my doctors to fix. I try to keep them focused on things like keeping new lesions away, etc.

Comment

Marti: are you wearing progressive lenses or bifocals? Sometimes these can be the worst in terms of getting used to. Progressive lenses I just cannot wear. I have to change out of them and wear those drug store glasses to see up close otherwise I am dizzy all day.

Talk with your eye doctor about these issues, he/she will help you troubleshoot the issue.

Good luck
        Lisa
        Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
        SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
        Tysabri

Comment

Working...
        X