SPMS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPMS?

Right now I am sitting waiting to see my Neuro. I am also having a flare, and I am currently on Tecfidera. Last month during a Neuro visit he made the comment that thinks I am having a continuous flare. I didn't think anything of at the time but I have had some time to think about it last week when I was at a visit we were talking about the fight for me to get on Gilenya and during the conversation he said he didn't have a lot of confidence in it. He wasn't being ugly or rude I think he was saying these things to keep from saying I have progressed to SPMS. We have talked about that but briefly. Now I am not sure I even want to take Gilenya. I wasn't wild about to start with.

I had a miserable weekend with the weakness in my legs, fatigue and muscle cramping. Overall I just did not feel good. Personally I think I have progressed to SPMS. Now I'm torn IF I should take a DMD. This has been driving me crazy. What's right and what's wrong? Thank goodness for Xanax.

The more I struggle to walk the closer I feel I am to a wheelchair. My ability to walk a long distance is over.

Is you were dx with SPMS would you still take a DMD? I've read that studies have shown DMD's show little if any help when you have SPMS. It's all a bit confusing. I feel the way I did when I was first dx.

This will be an interesting visit. Looking for any input or advice. I know no two MS'ers are a like and will react differently to meds.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

I am diagnosed with SPMS last year, after having no new lesions, and having no flares for two years, but a steady decline over those years. Ism currenly on Tysabri, and will continue to take it as long as I can,

Good luck
    lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X