frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frustrated

hi.....i have been on this site before so i just need to vent.....i am 42 yr. i have a 19 yr. old daughter and she treats me like i child. i know she loves me but i don't like being lecture. i understand her some times but she hurts my feeling so much and she knows that...i just don't know what to do anymore

Family is the most important thing

Hi, Diguilio.

I understand your frustration. I love my 21 year old son more than anything but I was happy when he went back to college after Christmas break (senior year - yeah!). I do know that I have bad days where I am not cognizant and am very weak which makes taking care of me very difficult and frustrating for my family members.

My problem is that I am too independent and I still have to come to terms with this illness and understand that I will never be "normal" again. I know that this illness is as hard on my family as it is for me so I try not to vent in front of them. I do not know where I would be now if it were not for the help of my family.

As far as your daughter is concerned, I'm sure that this is very hard for her. Nobody wants to see their parent in pain. And at 19, she has her life ahead of her so it has to be scary to see you fighting this disease. Try to be patient with her and understand that she may be scared for you so treating you with special care or "like a child" may be her way of coping with your illness.

Good luck to you and give her a big hug

Comment

Working...
    X