Problems with milk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with milk

HI.....SO I CAN'T DRINK products anymore....so what am i suppose to eat my cereal with?

Does this mean you can't drink cow's milk?

I am on a dairy free diet and I drink almond milk, unsweetened. Very yummy and creamy. I tried other alternatives, but I like this the best.

There is also soy, coconut, rice and hemp milk to name the most common. All of these don't require refrigeration until used and they usually come in boxed form. Ask for help finding them when shopping.

Hope you find something to your liking!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Diguilio,
      Do you mind if I ask what problem you developed from milk products? I suddenly developed an allergy to milk. I cough for about 2 hours after drinking it. So far, no problems with cheese.

My husband drinks vanilla almond milk. I've had it in cereal and it is OK. The unsweetened may be better.

Comment

I also drink almond milk.

It is not usual for people who have MS to be sensitive to milk, gluten, yeast, soy and corn products.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

+1 on almond milk! Its flavor is a great complement to many cereals; I've found I now like it better than dairy milk anyway.
          Sx since 2007; Dx Oct. 2014. Started Copaxone after Dx...praying that it's working!

Comment

silk almond milk (even have sugar free)

tastes good. I like it better than the milk i previously drank

Comment

I also like almond milk. I find that the unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my cereal tastes very similar to using cow's milk.
              Diagnosed 1/4/13
              Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

Hi Diguilio,

If you have a lactose intolerance from milk, which causes stomach bloating, abdominal pain or diarrhea than try the Lactose-free milk called Lactaid in all grocery stores. This milk contains the digestive enzyme that breaks down lactose so you don't get these problems.

Or try the other great options everyone listed. I use Lactaid milk or soy milk.
                Nikki

Comment

I too have become sensitive to milk, but not all dairy products, which is odd I think. For a while I preferred almond milk, but then suddenly that started giving me terrible, painful digestive problems and gas. Now I use rice milk. So far, so good.
                  Portia

Comment

I'm sorta the same way, Portia. The sensitivity to milk, but not other dairy products.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Lactaid milk didn't work for me but I really like Silk almond milk. Even better is almond milk with coconut milk!!! Yummy! The best part is no lactose side-effects!Yay!

Comment

You could also try fruit juice on your cereal.

Comment

Mmmm. I'm not a big fan of fruit juice. Nutritionists often recommend no more than 4 oz of fruit juice per day, due to the high sugar content. Even when there is no added sugar, the natural sugar has a lot of excess calories.

I, actually, drink no fruit juice. I eat fruit, instead, so that I get the fiber.
                          ~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                          X