Flare up - adductor and hip flexor spasticity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flare up - adductor and hip flexor spasticity

I am having major issues with adductor and hip flexor spasticity in my right leg. I have gone from 30mg Baclofen a day to 90mg! It has loosened the tightness a lot, and the PT was able to stretch my leg farther. However, when she manually worked on the muscle she found two trigger spots. I had a few when she was working on the IT band when I was super tight - my leg was rotated inward and pulling on IT band. That has mostly resolved with increased Baclofen and passive foam rolling - my family does it so it isn't the pressure of my body weight.

I thought myofascial pain and trigger points were more of a fibromalgia symptom not MS and not from spasticity.

The PT said it is probably bc I have been so tight for two months that I developed some muscle knots, but it is all a result of the spasticity...

What do you think? Anyone have muscle knots, trigger points along with spasticity?

I get knots in my calf muscles pretty bad. I don't know about trigger points though. Used to do PT, and should be doing the exercises at home but have slacked off. For sure, my muscle knots are caused by the spasticity.
    Portia

Comment

I'm not exactly sure what a trigger point is, but I do have knots in each of my calves, which during a flare would tense up so painfully at night that it would wake me up feeling like there was a burning poker in the muscle.

I'm not sure if this is unusual or not, but I'm pretty sure in my case it's another MS symptom.
      Sx since 2007; Dx Oct. 2014. Started Copaxone after Dx...praying that it's working!

Comment

Basically spasticity just means that the muscle gets the signal to contract, but not to relax.

Experiencing knots, charlie horse aches, cramps, etc...for me is just a side effect of the spasticity.

My neuro would not prescribe more than 80 mg per day of oral Baclofen...plus I didn't seem to have much relief from that dosage. That's why I have a pump...and because I maintain a certain amount of spasticity in order to be mobile (spasticity can help with standing/walking if you have weakness)...I still will be plagued with a cramp, or knot, or charlie horse.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I have been at 90mg Baclofen for a week. I can stretch my right adductor and hip flexor a lot farther, but still have this nerve like sharp pain on both sides of my knee. Pt says the adductor spasticity is referring pain down my inner knee, and my it band is causing the sharp pain on my outer knee.

Does anyone have anything like this? Everytime I bear weight, bend my knee, twist leg, etc I have sharp pain. It wakes me up all night.

Comment

Working...
          X