Done by 2:00 PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done by 2:00 PM

It seems that 2:00 PM is the time when I run out of energy. For the last two weeks spasticity sets and leg weakness makes its appearance. Also have some fatigue sets in. All that together makes me feel physically ill. It doesn't seem to matter what I do. Rather I'm moving around a lot or just sitting around.

Does anyone else have this happen to them? Is there a time of day where your MS seems to take control of the day? I have had this happen before then it stopped now it has started again.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Yes indeed. Around 12:30 or 1:00 fatigue and spasticity hits me. I get up pretty early, so I always get at least half a day's work before I have to crash
    Portia

Comment

Me too. Fatigue appears out of nowhere between 11 am and 1 pm most days. It's like the fuel tank suddenly ran dry. It makes me really tearful and completely unable to function. No way I could hold down more than a very small part-time job.

Comment

I'm always at my worst around 2-4pm.

Comment

For me it's almost like the reverse. I wake up feeling exhausted, with an increase in my Sx (dizziness, eye issues, leg knots). I remain fatigued most of the day and then finally start to perk up a little bit in the late afternoon.

No matter which way you slice it, it kind of sucks. I don't remember the last time I felt normal and refreshed for a whole day. I guess it's about trying to maximize the goodness you can cram in during the less-fatigued hours (hence my other post about the work situation - which I know you are feeling too!)

It sounds like this effect subsided for you temporarily in the past...I hope for you that it will subside again, and soon!
          Sx since 2007; Dx Oct. 2014. Started Copaxone after Dx...praying that it's working!

Comment

I've always hated afternoons. That's when that crisp morning feeling goes away and it's just hot. It used to be smoggy too. I cope with my MS by completely ignoring days. In go to bed at 8:00 am after I've made all of my back East phone calls.
            Get up around 8:00 pm. I still have certain times of the day that the spasticity is worse but it's hard to predict.

On days I have to go out to doctors appointments, I come home, shower and go straight to bed. I feel too awful after being exposed to the sun to accomplish anything afterward.

When scientists discovered the damage to the ozone layer, I thought civilization would adapt and shift work hours to avoid the sun. But things seem more sun oriented than ever. I'll never understand this.

Comment

In my working days, I used to 'crash' every day at about 1:30 - 2:30 and I chalked it up to eating a heavy lunch. But, since I have been dx'd with MS, I have fatigue al of the time.

Comment

I crash every day between 1 and 3 and I have for many years but the crash these days is much more severe.

PEACE
                Tortis

Comment

I require two naps each day, even though I sleep ten hours at night. Usually one occurs late morning. And, the second one in mid-afternoon.

Hmmm. Guess i'm on SSDI for a reason.
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Ohhh meee tooo. Fatigue bad. This morning, I was already dozing off at my desk at 10:00. I get so tired, I could sleep anywhere on anything and sleep HARD. My boss gave me the ok to take a little power nap during the day. I could sleep for days.

Comment

I find my fatigue really fluctuates. There are times I am tired all the time and times where I feel almost like my old self. I definitely get the afternoon fatigue thing and for me it will hit about 3 pm. Regardless of how I am doing, I find my stamina is so poor. I tire easily and don't have the tolerance for as much activity as I used to.

Comment

Yes-fatigue starts usually around 10:00 am until noon and I rest. Then on bad days it can start up again around 3:00 or 4:00 pm. Some days, afternoons and evenings are better for me. It fluctuates a lot.

Thanks to Modafinil for energy (generic for provigil) it gets me through the hard times when I really have to be somewhere.
                        Nikki

Comment

From your other thread...possible precursor to the flare???

I take a nap every afternoon. I have to be picky and plan my day out in advance. On a good day, I sleep 12 hours.

Getting back into the workplace? Forget about it.
                          Katie
                          "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
                          "My MS is a Journey for One."
                          Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I know what you mean about work. I am not working now. Between all my relapses, extreme fatigue, and doc visits there is no way a company would put up with my absences.
                            Nikki

Comment

Working...
                            X