"Are you left-handed or right-handed"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Are you left-handed or right-handed"?

This question has come up twice in the context of medically investigating MS (albeit the second time it involved a monitoring device that will tell university researchers if I am conscious or not, and may have needed to go on a specific hand). I happen to be left-handed, you?

Left handed

Comment

Left handed (are we onto something??)
      Dx 1/86 at age 23
      Copaxone 1993 - 2011 (except when I was pregnant or nursing)
      Tysabri - 2011 - present

Comment

Left, but two people I know are righties.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Right for me and my neighbor with MS is also a rightie!
          Brenda
          Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

right, when I read your question I could not help but think that you were going to say that left handed people were the only ones in their right minds! LOL
            hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
            volunteer
            MS World
            hunterd@msworld.org
            PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Right. And all the people in my MS group (7 not including me) are also right handed.
              Karen

Comment

I'm a righty!

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                RRMS
                Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

I'm also right-handed.
                  Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I write left handed, but use my right hand to use scissors and throw a ball, yes I'm an odd one haahha

Comment

Right-hander here!!!
                      hlburke87

Comment

Originally posted by DonnaD View Post
                        Left handed (are we onto something??)
                        Doesn't look like it. Approximately 15-20 regular posters were in the forum when I posted, and if three of them are left-handed that would reflect the prevalence in the general population, more or less.

Comment

I'm a lefty as well. That kinda creeped me out at first when I saw the first few posters all left handed.

tspaulding, I'm kinda like you. I also use my right hand to cut things. It's tough being a lefty in a right handed world sometimes.
                          Diagnosed 1/4/13
                          Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

both, ambidextrious (sp?)
                            i've always used both hands equally. well, at least until 3rd grade, when i remember them taking the pencil from my left hand & putting it in my right

so, i do write right handed, though terribly i must say. once in college i sprained my right hand and was able to take class notes with left hand.

had to have carpal tunnel surgery on left hand, which dr. said was unusual. the dominate hand was usually affected.

so, not much help!
                            "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

I write with my right hand but I do some things left handed and can write with my left just not as quick. I find it handy to be able to use both and I purposely use my left sometimes even for right handed activities if my right is tired.

Comment

Working...
                              X