AN EXCITING CHRISTMAS EVE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AN EXCITING CHRISTMAS EVE!!

I did something CHRISTMAS EVE night that I felt I may not have the chance to do again. I felt my MS may progress to the point that would prohibit me from participating in this chance again.

My oldest son, who is 30, had his daughter for Christmas this year and he bought her a trampoline. So needless to say it had to be assembled. Even as tired as I was I was bound and determined to help do this. My DW could tell I was exhausted but she als knew how important it was to me. So there I was in the cold with my two sons hold up in the garage putting this trampoline together. Now I should say here I did most of the supervising or they would probably still be working on it. We got started at about 11:00 PM and we put the last screw and zip tie on about 2:00 AM.

When I climbed in bed about 2:30 in the morning I could hardly move. I knew I had way over done it. But it was well worth it to me. At 7:30 Christmas morning I heard my granddaughter scream. So I rolled out of bed to join in her excitement. She said "Look Paw Paw look was Santa brought me." My eyes began to water. And I knew then I had done the right thing and every minute was worth it. Evey minute of MS payback was worth it!! That is what I live for!!! MS will NEVER steal those moments from me if I have anything to do with it.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Those of us with MS can appreciate this amazing moment unlike others might be able. Your story warmed my heart. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

sometimes, you do find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and this sounds like one of them! good for you!!!!
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

What a great story, thanks for sharing with us!
        Seattle, WA
        Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
        Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Comment

That is awesome. Pure joy. I am so glad you could participate and still get out of bed to enjoy.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

This is a great story! I am so glad you were able to do this.

Comment

"Look Paw Paw look was Santa brought me."

Awww. What better Christmas gift could you have! So glad that you made your granddaughter's Christmas special.

And, all she need to do to make yours special was to be excited about her gift, that you had helped to assemble.

Isn't Christmas amazing?!
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Wonderful story! So happy for you. The excitement and happiness of our children and grandchildren is so worth struggling through MS. What a great grandfather you are.

Comment

Working...
                X