Traveling for Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveling for Christmas

This is just a rant, but I'm sure many will agree. I love my family to the ends of the earth and back, but this is the first time I traveled for Christmas, and man, will be the last. Lol. I don't know if you count 2 hrs across the state of Florida traveling, but it's enough to stress me out. First off, the night before we left, I couldn't sleep, thinking about the next day. I emptied my bladder as much as I could before we left because when I have to go, I have to go. Luckily, no accidents.

Arrived at grandma's and I took a xanax to relax. Lol. So on top of Baclofen, I was feeling pretty relaxed. We didn't get done opening presents until after 10pm, and then we still had to drive to my aunt's house, as this is where I was staying. It was now close to 11 and my body was done. So, then the whole night, I hear what sounds like the pipes, the a/c system, I don't know what, but it's wailing, screeching all night. Honestly sounds like someone blowing a trumpet outside your window all night. Now, it's after 12.

Wake up at 3, and I'm so dang overheated because my aunt doesn't lower the a/c below 78, so I can barely walk and feel awful. Some of you may think 78 sounds great, but if you live in Florida, this is way too warm at night. My cousin, who is home from college, turned the TV on at 3:30am, so I had to close the bedroom door again, stuck with no air circulation. Now, this isn't my aunt's fault, but the toilet area has nothing for me to hang onto to stand up. I had to call my mom on her phone each time to help me go to the bathroom.

7am and everyone's up and at em, talking, laughing, banging stuff in the kitchen. So, again, another sleepless night. These scenarios do not mix with MS. I'm ready for my 70° house, ability to get up from my toilet, and peace and quiet. OK, my rant is done. Anyone else have anything to add?

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

70 degrees is your comfort zone? Mine is 63. That sounds like a terrible night. Being hot is the worst.

Comment

Sounds simply awful, Dreams008.

I definitely know what you're talking about. I've been recovering all day just from a 3 hour dinner at my son & DIL's that's just a half hour car ride away.

What I should have "asked for" for Christmas was my family's understanding and acceptance. If we say it'll be too hard on us to do something, can't you just believe us?????

Rant over. For now.
      Seattle, WA
      Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
      Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Comment

Working...
      X