Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about low energy?

hi,
    I have a question about taking adderall? is it safe to take? I have ms and the only thing i am experiencing so far is just tiredness, I could try caffeine if adderall is too strong? any other ideas for energy would be helpful. thanks.

Hi Butterfly, I just started adderal last week for fatigue. It seems to help a little, but not a whole lot. It was prescribed by my neuro, whom I trust so I assume it's safe. My wife is a teacher and was nervous about it because of what she sees with some of her students. She advised me to eat something before taking it.

Good luck, I hope it helps.

John
    Diagnosed RRMS April 2014
    Trying to be the best dad I can!

Comment

If you think caffeine would help perhaps try that before a stimulant?
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

It didn't do much for me. I actually like caffeine pills better. But everyone has to test them out for themselves. I've tried Nuvigil, Provigil, Adderall, Phentermine. I've had best luck with phentermine and caffeine.
        Brenda
        Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

thanks

thanks I took Adderall before because I have add and it gave me a little energy. think I will try that with caffeine.

Comment

VITAMINS

Try sub-lingual vitamin B-12. I've tried Provigil but the B-12 worked better for me and it's cherry flavored and small too!
            Although caffeine may give you a boost it will also raise your blood pressure--careful

Comment

I have been taking Adderall for a bit now. I never had ADD/ADHD as a kid, but I feel like Adderall has been wonderful for me. I think it helps with BOTH the cognitive fog issue AND fatigue.

I'm pretty sure it is what is keeping me going. At one point, I attributed outbursts of sweating profusely with taking this medication. I now think it is just heat sensitivity/MS symptom.

I would say as long as you have a physician who is prescribing it for you, talk to him/her but personally I think it has been great for me.
              RRMS Dx: 3/23/15
              (Optic Neuritis Dx 2/27/15; Feb/2014 right leg numbness--at the time diagnosed as Sciatica, but probably first episode)
              Started Tysabri 5/22/15: (Infusions: 5/22/15, 6/18/15, 7/16/15)

Comment

Working...
              X