Beyond frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beyond frustrated

Six weeks ago I submitted an accommodations request to my employer. In writing, from my pcp. I was told a week later she needed to fill out a 2-PAGE form! Just learned from the pcp that she never received the faxed form. Which explains why accommodations have not been made.

All of last week the accommodations were made so I assumed (yes, I know the meaning of "assume") my request was approved. Now this week no accommodations so far. Half a day yesterday without is already taking a toll on my health. Thankfully I only work today, then I'm off the rest of the week.

Guess I have to go into the occupational health office, get the form & hand deliver it to my pcp if I want this done.

My new employer isn't as wonderful as I was lead to believe. After I was hired co-workers told me generally speaking this is a good company to work for, just not our location.

It might be time to get my resume polished ...
    DX 10/2008
    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

We can never count on things getting done. I always have to make phone calls for everything. "Did you fax the order for my Tysabri...?"

I'm glad you have the week off so you can take care of this. Hopefully, your PCP won't have the week off too.

Comment

My Story

There are a lot of hoops we have to jump through in order to take care of ourselves and that's not fair.

When I went through something similar, I had to fill out paperwork and then I faxed it to the doctor. When the doctor was finished, he faxed it to the Reasonable Accomodations office at my company. I was in constant contact with my doc and company to make sure it got done.

Is there anyone at your work that might be able to help you? There is probably an order they like having things done. Is there a human resources department. There must be someone you could talk to.

If your reasonable accomodations paperwork is filled out and ready, they have to follow it, or they can get in big trouble with the ADA.

Comment

I have been waiting for a ramp to get in and out of the office without having to hoick my wheelie walker up or delicately negotiate it down the steps.

Ooh six months and waiting.
        I have fantasies about flinging myself to the ground, crashing the machine, twitching quietly, gurgling a bit and suing the b'stards.

Company I work for are oh-so-progressive and sensitive to the needs of the "differently abled". Yeah, right.

Comment

Working...
        X