REACHED FRUSTRATION LIMIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REACHED FRUSTRATION LIMIT

ALRIGHT- NOW I AM ORDINARILY A PATIENT PERSON; IN FACT, SINCE MY DAUGHTER WAS 3, SHE & I HAD A MANTRA: "WE DON'T GIVE UP." SHE'S 16 NOW AND WE STILL SAY THAT WHEN 1 OF US BECOMES IRRITATED/FRUSTRATED W/A PROJECT OR WHATEVER.

ALL OF THE ABOVE SAID... AS I SIT HERE W/MY LAP TOP, W/CRAMPS IN MY LEGS AND PAIN IN MY BACK---B/C OF THIS *** SITE WHICH I ONCE LOVED OH SO MUCH. THERE ARE POSTS I WANT TO ADD TO THE MESSAGE BOARD THAT I BELIEVE COULD BE HELPFUL TO PEOPLE. BUT EVERY *** TIME I ATTEMPT TO DO ANYTHING I AM INSTRUCTED TO LOG OUT AND LOG BACK IN--AND THEN I HAVE TO FIND THE THREAD THAT I WAS GOING TO REPLY TO.

I HAVE THE 8.1 WINDOWS WHICH IS UP TO DATE AS YOU CAN GET; & NOWHERE ELSE AM I TOLD TO LOG OUT AND LOG BACK IN.
    WHAT REALLY STINKS IS THAT I REALLY HAVE REACHED MY LIMIT AND FEAR I WILL HAVE TO ABANDON COMING SOMEWHERE THAT HAS BEEN SOO HELPFUL TO ME & THE FB I'VE RECEIVED FROM MY PEERS IS THAT I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL TO THEM.

WHAT I AM THE MOST UPSET ABOUT IS THAT I AM HAVING (+) RESULTS W/MT TX AND AM BLOCKED FROM PROVIDING/SPREADING OPTIMISM.

I HAVE REPEATEDLY ATTEMPTED TO SEND PRIVATE MSGS TO INDIVIDUALS BUT ALL THAT HAPPENS IS I AM PUT BACK ONG THE the*** MERRY GO ROUND AND CANNOT GET OFF!!!! SO NO MSGS EITHER.

WHO ELSE IS EXPERIENCING THIS? nOT JUST ME B/C I HAVE ESTABLISHED FRIENDSHIPS AND ACTUALLY TALK TO PEOPLE WHO NO LONGER VISIT THE SITE B/C OF... AHHH--LOG IN LOG OUT.

I AM TENACIOUS BUT IF SOMETHING DOESN'T GIVE I WILL NOT KEEP COMING HERE DUE TO (TALK ABT IRONY) STRSS & MS = WELL, NOT GOOD... YEP, LITTLE SARCASM THERE B/C WE ALL KNOW IT = SOME BAD --IT

PLEASE RESPOND AS TO YEA OR NAY HAVING THIS PX AND IF NOT, WHAT'S THE MAGIC FORMULA

TO ALL OF YOU. Be Well and never give up on getting/feeling better can see clearly now the rain is gone and BELIEVE IT WILL be a bright, bright, sun shiney day

Shalom, Suzanne
    You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

"I HAVE REPEATEDLY ATTEMPTED TO SEND PRIVATE MSGS TO INDIVIDUALS BUT ALL THAT HAPPENS IS I AM PUT BACK ONG THE *** MERRY GO ROUND AND CANNOT GET OFF!!!! SO NO MSGS EITHER."
    private messaging has been disabled, that is why those do not go through. As for the rest, I will ask our technical support team.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I know that the issue is troubling, it has to do w/ being logged in for "too long" apparently, and something that we have no control over at this time.

What I have had to do in the past, is reset my browser, clear my cache on my 'internet browser settings/preferences' or use a different browser.

For some reason, I think windows has a lot of complications with this... I'm on a Mac now and I don't have issues with logging out and logging back in any longer.

If you are using Internet Explorer, maybe try download Firefox... that's the browser I have found to be most compatible with all of my Internet use.

If you need any further assistance, please e-mail technicalsupport@msworld.org

As for the private messaging feature, it is not enabled, as hunterd stated.

I hope this helps.
      xoxo
      Ashley
      Ashley Ringstaff
      Living with MS since 8/30/10

Comment

What I do is keep my username and password saved on a document so I can copy and paste them quickly.

I agree. It is frustrating.

Comment

Oh that's an idea piper.
          Please know that we are working on this issue.
          Ashley Ringstaff
          Living with MS since 8/30/10

Comment

Originally posted by Ringer1319 View Post
            What I have had to do in the past, is reset my browser, clear my cache on my 'internet browser settings/preferences' or use a different browser.

If you are using Internet Explorer, maybe try download Firefox... that's the browser I have found to be most compatible with all of my Internet use.
            Having done some web development work Ringer is correct Firefox is by far the most compatible browser with everything on the web. I personally use Chrome and do not have problems other than I have to log on every time I come here rather than it saving it each time like it used to. However Firefox is even better than chrome for compatibility. IE is the worst.

Clearing cache is another good thing to try. Personal experience says clearing cache fixes most problems.
            Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou

Comment

I almost always post on my Iphone and have yet to experiance any issues. I switched to Mac a few years ago and have noticed I have way fewer of these sort of issues now.

Comment

I just wanted to say that being logged out of a website after a certain amount of time is not unusual.

I use at least 1/2 dozen sites in my work that even though I keep the window open, if I've been away from the site too long (this can be minutes to hours) and try to go back to the page, I have to reenter my login info.

I don't know what the time interval MSWorld uses to determine when it logs you out, but it's not an unusual feature on a website.

Comment

another suggestion

If my reply is going to be lengthy, I copy and paste the page that I am on into a word document and type my response on that. Then I get back to the exact thread that I was going to post on. Then I copy and paste my response from word to the reply to thread section of the page that I saved.

Much easier for me then getting frustrated with technology, I work with it.

I use chrome, and find less frustration then using Internet Explorer as explained by most of the previous.
                  God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

MUCH THANKS

Originally posted by hunterd View Post
                    "I HAVE REPEATEDLY ATTEMPTED TO SEND PRIVATE MSGS TO INDIVIDUALS BUT ALL THAT HAPPENS IS I AM PUT BACK ONG THE *** MERRY GO ROUND AND CANNOT GET OFF!!!! SO NO MSGS EITHER."
                    private messaging has been disabled, that is why those do not go through. As for the rest, I will ask our technical support team.
                    THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE QUICK RESPONCE. I HAD NO IDEA PRIVATE MSGS HAD BEEN DISABLED; PERHAPS THAT SHOULD NOT BE LISTED AS AN OPTION. THE VALIDATION MAKES ME FEEL SO MUCH BETTER I'LL KEEP TRYING FOR NOW. BE WELL.
                    SHALOM, SUZANNE

Comment

Okay

Originally posted by kelm10 View Post
                      If my reply is going to be lengthy, I copy and paste the page that I am on into a word document and type my response on that. Then I get back to the exact thread that I was going to post on. Then I copy and paste my response from word to the reply to thread section of the page that I saved.

Much easier for me then getting frustrated with technology, I work with it.

I use chrome, and find less frustration then using Internet Explorer as explained by most of the previous.
                      Mary,
                      I think technology is a wonderful thing. I believe that I stated that I am ordinarily a very patient person. I am not being sarcastic when I say: I am happy for you that you don't get frustrated, etc.

Honestly, IDK what you're talking about. I knew, but FORGOT(surprise surprise) how to PASTE! Please try to understand that this disease is SOOO different for each person it strikes.

Examples: I can still get both of my feet behind my head; do full lotus position; backward flip. YET: I went to school and had 2 masters degrees by the time I was 24. My biggest ms px is fatigue that @ times renders it impossible for me to wake up and get out of bed. Worse, for ME? Cognitive issues--- like short term memory/word fishing/forgetting what I was going to say/my working memory.

Yeah, I am frustrated secondary to (for example) the fact that I could not even follow what these good hearted/well intentioned people recommended for me to do.

I know you were trying to help and for that I am grateful.
                      Be Well.
                      Shalom, Suzanne:

Comment

Google

Thanks to those of you who advised google chrome, seems to be working better.
                        Love to All

Shalom, Suzanne

Comment

Working...
                        X