Looking down, getting dizzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking down, getting dizzy

Is this a MS thing? It's kind of new for me. Used to be looking up made me dizzy but now looking down or bending over... getting down on the floor etc makes me kind of woozy.

Maybe my blood pressure drops. But I understand that can be a MS problem akin to Dysautonomia . Is there any tests or treatments for this awful feeling?
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Marti i think you need to consult with your neurolgist about this since it is new and different. You might need a ENT consult.. It is hard to tell online..

Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Dizziness was my first symptom when I had MS. My dizziness, in fact, was so disabling that, if I was not reclined in bed or in a recliner, I felt nauseous. And, if I was up for too long (ie: I couldn't even wash a small sinkful of dirty dishes), I would vomit.

My dizziness was also so long-lasting, that, after three weeks of living in my recliner, and being off work, my primary care physician gave my a PT consult for a physical therapist who specialized in vestibular therapy ("of, relating to, or affecting the perception of body position and movement "). It was successful.

It does not sound as though your dizziness is severe. However, my answer to your question (Is it an MS thing?) is "Yes; it can be."

I would agree with 22cyclist. Consult your neurologist. I suspect that, because your symptom is new and different, that you are experiencing an MS flare.

Best wishes!
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
      X