Fell hard, but thankfully....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fell hard, but thankfully....

I tripped going up steps onto a porch on Monday night. I fell hard enough to take away my breath. Thankfully I didn't break any bones, and actually hurt the most on my upper right arm.

I credit the lack of serious injury to the fact I have been doing a water aerobic/fitness class every day at noon for almost 3 months. I've been moving muscles I haven't moved for years. I am so grateful to have this class available to me. I could have really hurt myself otherwise.
    Brenda
    Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

YIKES Brenda ! Hope you recover well and fast!!!!
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about your fall, but glad you were not seriously injured. If you ever have the chance, you can ask your PT/OT for fall training. One of things you will learn is how to fall (safely) protecting your vitals. The OT can also come to your home and make suggestions to get rid of fall risks, or where to add safety equipment to help you remain safe.

I recently had 2 grab bars added in my shower and I love them. A friend came over and installed them in roughly 1 hour. Total cost was about $45 (the friend would not accept money). With labor it would have been been closer $100-150. I am not sure if any MS organization would have helped with installation, but would be worth a call. Our church also has a program where volunteers help out. Something for others to consider.

Sorry, I got side tracked. I truly am glad you were not seriously injured and hope your arm heals up quickly. As a veteran of too many falls, please take care of yourself. Never sacrifice safety for speed (or anything else).

Comment

Glad nothing is broken, & hope the pain goes away soon

I did my usual non important thing today. I had this vegetable single serving low carb soup, I WAS going to have for lunch.

So, I filled it to a certain mark, and was going to put it in the microwave. Then i hit the curb of the counter with the container. Then the vegetables and water were all over the kitchen floor.

So, I was hurrying to clean it up, before my husband got home from his errand. My 'hurry' no longer exists. Well, my husband arrived home, and cleaned the rest up.

And I was very happy with his comment. He said, "This stuff happens with MS." Over twenty five years with MS, and these were the first kind words I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Marie12 View Post
          And I was very happy with his comment. He said, "This stuff happens with MS." Over twenty five years with MS, and these were the first kind words I've heard.
          Really? That's so sad. I hope you are able to fill your soul in other areas of your life. From your posts that I have read, you seem like such a lovely lady, I'm sure I'm not wrong about that!
          Jen
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Working...
          X