• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I walk better in Crocks and shoes that tie up above the ankle

Comment

sneakers the most comfortable thing.

Comment

I wear my Chucks (low cut - not high tops) to the office every day (unless I have a bank in). I simply bought them in the corporate color (we are a jeans and khaki Global Finance dept. Love them. They are worn out in 6 - 8 months.

Comment

I gave up my heels and suits when I retired from the banking industry about 15 years ago. I still like fashion, especially shoes and handbags, and can comfortably wear heels no higher than 2"

For everyday wear, I prefer a stable sole. That seems to keep me stable. I tried a pair of Sketchers GoWalk and they were just too squishy/soft and threw off my balance. No flip flops for me either.

For summer, and that's nearly all year round, I wear Birkenstocks, Dansko, Think, Josef Siebel, Ecco and some Clarks. In the few colder months, I wear the same brands but in a closed toe non sandal version.

Comment

No more heels!

No more heels for me either! Although, I was able to wear a 3" wedge for my brothers wedding in May but I didn't have to be on my feet long or do much walking.

I can't wear a shoe that requires "griping" with my toes for very long. That includes most flats and sandals. I will get a crippling spasticity in my calves if I wear this type of shoe (had to learn the hard way )

Currently my work and go-to shoes are from SAS. I can do a tennie too. As long as it attaches/ties to my feet so my toes doen't have to do any extra work I'm good
            DX 10/2008
            Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
            Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
            Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

interesting question. I noticed this Summer how much trouble I had walking in completely flat shoes. I really find this odd that a shoe with 1-2 inch stacked or wedge heel is so much easier for me to walk in. I also have problems with scuffing my right foot, all of my shoes need to be resoled within 4-6 months because the right shoe tends to develop holes in the bottom.

I'm in limbo land and can't believe I ignored this issue for so long. I've noticed holes in my right shoes for 3-5 years now, but I guess the decrease in function was too slow for me to pick up on

Comment

shoes! shoes!

I am a bit of a shoe hoarder. I admit it. My staff got me a shoe rack for Christmas my first year with the company because I had so many pairs under my desk. Fine. I have 12 pairs of shoes under my desk. sigh. Nothing is completely flat. I can't wear those without tripping or my legs or toes cramping. I have some cute sketcher shoes and others are any brand that are mostly comfortable, not too much of a heel, but not flat. Easy Spirit is always a winner.

Only 9 of the 12 pairs are black. Come on ladies - you get it.

I think I need a red pair. excuse me while I go online shopping.

Comment

I have to wear sneakers not the light ones but heavier ones that I can feel on my feet. I have a lot of proprioception problems and heavy shoes help me know where my feet are as I walk. I'm way off balance if I try to wear anything else. If I have to dress up and wear nice shoes I'm in trouble. Wall walking or holding onto someone's arm is a must those days.

Comment

Working...
                  X