Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leg spasms

Hi,
    Hoping someone can give me some guidance. About 6 months ago, I started having leg spasms, primarily in my right leg, thigh area. Not bad, they were tolerable. Now they are getting worse, lasting longer and now affecting both legs, always the thigh area. I have had 2 today. The One this early afternoon, affected both legs and lasted over 40 mins. I am having one right now. in my right thigh area. I'm about 25 mins into this. Spasms are shooting down my thigh, just underneath my knee cap. I am afraid about tearing my muscle under my knee. It hurts so bad I already take lots of meds. I really don't want to add another any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

muscle relaxers

Do you take muscle relaxers? Do they need increased?

Have you had labs drawn to check for imbalances.

Stretching the muscles help for me, as does keeping them warm (not hot but warm.)

Never hurts to call a doctor even if it may mean more meds.
    God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Thank you!

Thank you so much for your advise. I do have a muscle relaxant. I took a couple of times before bed time. the next day, I felt like a zombie at work. The spasms were shorter lasting, not as intense. I am trying to work on some holistic ways to deal with the spasms.

Comment

First of all, Michelle, I am sorry you are having these painful spasms. I have them too.

I do take Baclofen morning, afternoon and evenings. It helps as they are so bad in AM that often it is difficult to get out of bed or walk, esp sit. So I keep meds at bed table and let them work before I get up.

I hear how you want to use less meds if possible. PT might be helpful and stretching in bed before you get up helps. Exercise does help too. But sometimes it just gets to hard to exercise when you are having these spasms.

Does your MS neuro know? I would make an appointment ASAP and see what she can offer. PT plus meds?

Let us know how you are doing..good luck and feel better real soon!

Warmly, Jan
        I believe in miracles~!
        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Working...
        X