I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!

In my prior post I mentioned nobody had heard of the VA treating MS Veterans regardless of their priority rating. After searching the internet for quite sometime I finally came across the following article that spells it out quite plainly 1.3. Catastrophically Disabled Veterans

Veterans who have severe disabilities that were incurred after their military service can still use the VA health care system under priority group 4 if the VA determines that the veteran has a permanent, severely disabling injury, disorder or disease that:
    Compromises the ability to carry out activities of daily living to such a degree that one requires personal or mechanical assistance to leave home or bed; or
    Requires constant supervision to avoid physical harm to oneself or others.

To find out if you qualify as a catastrophically disabled veteran, request to be evaluated by your VA primary care physician when you are enrolling for VA health services or when you see your VA physician. If you have medical evidence of a permanent, severely disabling injury, disorder or disease, from a non-VA physician or hospital, bring a copy of the evidence with you. Your VA physician may have to repeat certain tests, but bringing the evidence may speed up the evaluation process.

The following is a list of some injuries, disorders and diseases that may qualify as a catastrophic disability:
    Spinal Cord Injury
    Traumatic Brain Injury
    Blindness
    Amputations
    Multiple Sclerosis
    Parkinson's Disease
    Lou Gehrig's Disease (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS

I couldn't get the link to attach to my post so I copied and pasted the article from "vetsfirst.org". I am going to make an appointment with my Neuro to go over this with him, get a copy of my records and bring him up to speed on some issues I have been having recently. From there I will go to the local VA Clinic and see how things go. Naturally I will have a copy of this article with me. Never say Never!! Wish me luck!!
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Good for you. 'Seek and ye shall find' I always say. Good luck with the VA.

Comment

Any word yet, or when will you be going in.

Have a great day,

Randy

Comment

Working...
      X