I need help and info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help and info

I'm sorry I don't get in here as much as I'd like to right now.
    Things have been getting bad in my home. I need legal help with a neighbor over a major plumbing issue. She is controlling- bully.

I am separating from my husband; I am not taking his emotional abuse and addictions anymore. Another bully.

I have had to deal with lawyers before MS; not a good experience. I am deathly afraid of the stress making MS worse. I have been getting so stressed out, I physically shut down. My neuro confirmed it being from the stress.

I live in PA. I need to know if there is such a thing as an advocate. Someone to help me find a lawyer or legal services; I can tell my story once.

Most likely, I will have two cases; neighbor and husband.

TYIA.
    Teri- totally heart broken..........................again.
    Teri S.

Hi scraphappy - here are a couple places that may be of help to you or can lead you in the right direction. I am terribly sorry you are faces with these issues right now.

This is from the NMSS:
    http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Cha...Legal-Referral

OR you could get in touch with your local chapter by calling 1-800-344-4867

And here is something for the state of PA. I think this resource will help you connect with a pro bono attorney.
    http://www.palegalaid.net/resources/...egalhelpfinder

I imagine setting yourself on the path to getting help and being your own advocate will eventually lead to less stress, by letting the legal help do their work.

Hopefully someone else comes along with more suggestions. Good luck to you.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you

Thank you Seasha,
      I will look into right away.

Just not able to deal with much more today.

I will keep you posted.
      Teri S.

Comment

FINALLY..............

Well, it took a year to do it, but I finally got him to leave. Actually, he did it himself.
        My father passed away in April 2014. I had received 2 checks from his estate in 2014. I made the mistake of depositing the first check in our joint account. I found out he was taking money out for drugs. When I confronted him, he lied.
        I did try to get help for the abuse; since it wasn't 'bad' enough, they could not help me.

When I received the 2nd check, I opened up a private account and used my sister's address. In Oct. of this year, I got the big check; which he saw because he opened my mail. I warned everyone that 'it would hit the fan' when he did not see the money in our account. IT DID!

Nov. 4th- he snapped. The next day I got a PFA. Thank God. We went to court on the 12th- I got a 6 month extension on the PFA.

Now I am looking for legal advice. The stress gets so bad at times, my body & mind shut down before I can get much accomplished.

I will NOT go through that again. The relief of him been gone is like a "euphoric high". I can get used to this.
        Teri S.

Comment

I am happy to hear that things are better for you!I am sorry to of your father.I am going to tell you the same thing that you were told over a year ago and that is to call your local chapter of the national MS Society, you can find them here http://www.nationalmssociety.org/fin...ter/index.aspxthey may be able to point you in the right direction to find some legal help.
          where in Pennsylvania are you? I am in northwest Pennsylvania just a few miles south of Erie.
          I wish you well
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Thanks for the update. I'm so glad to hear that you are taking necessary steps.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Following through....

Thank you Momabug & Hunterd. The MS Society is on my list of phone calls for this week. I tried to wait until after the holidays so I could try to enjoy every moment. I have to keep telling myself "It's okay to be happy".

I will keep updating as things progress. The old negative 'self talk' still gets in the way at times. I do have a counselor and I do keep my Doctor appointments. My faith is strong and I am a survivor.
              Teri S.

Comment

Scraphappy, I looked for a way of getting in touch with you on your profile but I don't see one. I'm not sure if you can see an email address for me on mine, but if you can please email me because I have a dear friend who lives in Pennsylvania who acts as an advocate for people in difficult situations. If you can contact me I can explain more and put you in touch with them if you so wish.
                Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                X