Venison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venison

Anybody have gone on a very low saturated fat diet as the MS recovery diet? I went on this diet for 4 months and was having more energy and less problems. During this fall months I must of gotten in a funk and starting to go on my old diet. I'm starting to have the issues again with fatigue and muscle weakness.

I'm getting ready to go back to the good diet. This Saturday deer season opens up and looking at getting some very lean meet for the freezer. Need some variety with meat choices. Fish and skinless chicken breast is getting old. Any other hunters out here?
    If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Larry K View Post
    Anybody have gone on a very low saturated fat diet as the MS recovery diet? I went on this diet for 4 months and was having more energy and less problems. During this fall months I must of gotten in a funk and starting to go on my old diet. I'm starting to have the issues again with fatigue and muscle weakness.

I'm getting ready to go back to the good diet. This Saturday deer season opens up and looking at getting some very lean meet for the freezer. Need some variety with meat choices. Fish and skinless chicken breast is getting old. Any other hunters out here?
    I am from Michigan and suprisingly, my family DIDN'T hunt, BUT I just wanted to suggest bison burger or ground turkey BREAST meat and some of that really lean ground beef they sell nowadays (pretty bland, though, do you may want to throw some onion, garlic, etc. in there to make up for the fat take-away).
    Tawanda

Comment

Yea, that grass fed beef burger taste like cardboard!!!!!!! It's good for taco meat when you spice it up. I love to cook and my wife is very fortunate for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
        I am from Michigan and suprisingly, my family DIDN'T hunt, BUT I just wanted to suggest bison burger or ground turkey BREAST meat and some of that really lean ground beef they sell nowadays (pretty bland, though, do you may want to throw some onion, garlic, etc. in there to make up for the fat take-away).
        We've gone to bison too. Grass fed, no antibiotics, no hormones, and killed in the field to eliminate stress on the animal. It's so lean that when you brown some ground buffalo, you have to add some olive oil to keep it from sticking to the pan.

So our protein choices now consist of bison, skinless chicken, and fish (husband fishes, so we always have a freezer full of fish....it's free if you don't factor in the price of the gas for the boat and spearfishing equipment Greek yogurt has an amazing amount of protein, if you eat dairy. I have a couple recipes that use yogurt as the protein source.

Bison has lower fat than skinless chicken, but it's not cheap. After buying it for about a year, I've been able to trim down the cost by ordering cuts of meat that are better bargains than we were buying at first.

We have a friend who hunts so we get some "wild" meat during the season. It's lean, even the wild boar is lean.

Comment

You are very right, buffalo does cost much. I've purchased the 94/4% beef burger and that's fairly lean. Do you feel good eating better?

Comment

Working...
          X