No announcement yet.

My day today, is cleaning the carpet I spilled on my living room couch & carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My day today, is cleaning the carpet I spilled on my living room couch & carpet

I know, I should have figured out by now, that I can only drink my coffee in the kitchen. I guess, part of ms, I can't remember that. I know, I'm now letting it dry & will hear more when my husband returns home from work today.

Hey, I didn't build this house, & if I did, there would be NO carpet, especially this off white. I should have taken it out when I wanted. But my husband wanted the carpet to remain.

Hey I grew up without carpet, and I'm still here. My mom, Velma, kept those off white floors so clean. http://www.msworld.org/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

All I can add is that I am super clumsy lately. It takes me several tries to hit the wastebasket. Everything lands on the floor. Sigh!
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Marie12 View Post
      But my husband wanted the carpet to remain.

http://www.msworld.org/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif
      Hey Marie,
      They only person you have control over is yourself (and even that is kind of a stretch when you have MS). Don't sweat it about DH. The carpet sounds symbolic of a lot of different things going on (sorry if I sound like I'm trying to be some sort of a shrink here...).

The older I get, the more I hate carpet. Keeping hard floors clean is so much easier than carpet, especially if you factor in my pets, my MS clumsiness and all the different junk of 4 different seasons adds to the mix.

If I am not fully concentrating, I drop stuff constantly. Sometimes I think that is part of my fatigue. Most people don't have to consciously think about "keeping a grip", literally, whenever they pick something up. I used to be a nervous wreck carrying around my child when she was little...worried about dropping her...the good news is I never did! Our worries can exhaust us as well.
      Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda
        If I am not fully concentrating, I drop stuff constantly ... Most people don't have to consciously think about "keeping a grip", literally, whenever they pick something up.
        I hear you!

Last week I wasn't concentrating, and lost just enough grip on my coffee cup for some of the HOT contents to spill onto my lap. (I would've rather cleaned the coffee off the floor. )

Now I have a nasty looking 2nd degree burn to show for it ...
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Hey Marie,

I also drop things. In fact, the day I started to drop my keys when locking or unlocking the door, and drop change at the cash register was the moment I decided to chase these symptoms down with a doctor until I had an answer.

@Kimba my sympathies about your burn. Ouch. I've done that also.

Comment

Another thought would be to drink your coffee in a lidded type thermos instead of a regular coffee cup. That's what I have done after repeated spills. It keeps the coffee hotter too as an added benefit!
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I drop stuff all the time..it is so annoying. And things always roll to the most remote areas..

I have spilled coffee on the couch when I have gone to get up..and forgotten it was in my hand! I feel your frustration.

Also hate carpet and am so happy not to have it any more. Between my clumsiness and having pets it was not good !
              RRMS diagnosed 2005
              Rebif 2005-2008
              Copaxone 2009-2014
              SPMS 2014

Comment

Kimba, I am so sorry. Do you have any of those ice packs in your freezer?

If you do, and the ice pack is too cold, place a pair of pj's between the ice pack, and yourself. I know this is stupid advice. See what my daughters have to deal with.

It's no wonder that they each moved out, getting their own apartments. It doesn't matter how nice I am. I am just too much trouble.

Kimba, I am really sorry. I'll be thinking of you. Do you have someone that can bring you ointment, or the stuff so you won't get an infection?

Comment

His is my evil twin talking but you could tel DH that every time you spill something, from now on it will be his job to clean it up. It's not your fault. You have MS.

If he likes the feeling of synthetic fibers under him feet, he can put a rug on his side of the bed and under his favorite chair.

No more carpet. No more carpet. No more carpet. No more carpet.

Comment

Thanks Pipes123 and Marie 12.

Sorry about your daughters Marie, but it sounds like they have a problem, not you.

Thanks for your advice (which doesn't sound stupid to me), but it doesn't hurt anymore. I put cold water and Neosporin on it right after it happened. Later that evening, I noticed one of the blisters had already broken, because of the way it was rubbing on my pants.

I kept it covered with guaze and more Neosporin, which helped. My PCP wasn't overly concerned about it when I saw him a few days later.

Now it is scabbed over, looks pretty ugly, but is on it's way to healing. I don't doubt I'll end up with a scar as a lovely reminder of what happened!
                    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Have to chuckle!~

Originally posted by marti View Post
                      All I can add is that I am super clumsy lately. It takes me several tries to hit the wastebasket. Everything lands on the floor. Sigh!
                      So funny and boy can I relate. This brings back memories of my Dad laughing when I'd toss things with the intent of getting them into the waste basket. Dad had 4 strokes, was in a wheelchair and could still make the basket! I never was good at this and we shared a laugh over this many times.

Diane
                      You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

USED to be very athletic USED to be

I thought I was the only one who missed the trash can. It's only four feet away.

When I was in school, I played the entire reserve team volleyball season, and only missed one serve. Well, I missed the serve intentionally, because I didn't want to put pressure on the younger players. I remember the coach getting so mad at me, that she benched me the next game. So, they were several points of not winning, and she put me in.

It was close, but we ended up winning. Also, I served one game, and was within a few points of spiking every serve. It was an away game, and I noticed that my teammates weren't smiling or talking to me. They hadn't touched the volleyball once during the game.

So, I gave the other team several easy serves that my teammates were able to return over the net. That worked out ok, we won, and everyone was happy. I thought the goal was to win, but after that, realized the goal was keeping teammates happy. Now, I just need to realize this with MS, no matter how bad I'm feeling, I need to make sure the remainder of the family is happyhttp://msworld.org/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif All I really want to do is stay in bed, and go to sleep. I'm tired, and feel crappy.

Comment

I am always dropping things, and I have been blaming it on my anti-epileptic drug. Now I know better, it's my MS!

Comment

Working...
                          X