OPTIC NEURITIS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OPTIC NEURITIS?

Saturday while I was at work I was loading some information in the computer and I noticed things started to get blurry in my right eye. Slowly it turned from blurry to sort of foggy then I couldn't see anything out of my eye. Slowly my vision returned to foggy then to blurred vision over a period of about 30 minutes. My vision remained blurry for the rest of the day and finally returned to normal on Sunday.

I have been noticing over the last couple of weeks my vision has more blurred than normal (I need new glasses). I have also been having migraines almost everyday and the pain increases every time I move eyes.

Does this sound like I might have had a slight case of ON or is it a possible warning that an onset of ON may be headed my way?
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

The only way to know for sure is to see your eye dr.

Comment

Since you had it for a full 24 hours, I would go see my ophthalmologist, not the eye dr. They will be able to run specialized testing to see if you have lost any field of vision.

Good luck ON is no fun...EVER.

They should also be able to tell by doing the swinging light test over your eyes.

Take care
      Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

I agree

I agree with the posters above.

Another possible test, that works for me, is to open only one eye at a time when I get up in the night to go to the bathroom.

When my ON started, I could tell b/c by only opening that eye at night in VERY low light, there was a brown spot obliterating the center of my field of vision. It got bigger each few nights until blindness in that eye made me get it looked at. (yeah, it got my attention, for sure)

During the day, nothing except some weird blurriness and I was dizzy.

Good luck and huge God blessings to you. Keep us posted.

karen
        You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

Working...
        X