Ampyra & Medicare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ampyra & Medicare

Does anyone taking Ampyra have Medicare? I'm due to start Medicare and I am in the process of choosing a prescription plan. The copays are ridiculously high. I have already talked to the drug company about financial assistance and if you are on Medicare they cannot help. Is anyone having better luck?

I have a Medicare prescription plan & get Ampyra for $0

Hi geynnf,

I have a Medicare Part D prescription plan & get my Ampyra @ no cost thru Ampyra's patient assistance program. It's income-qualified but I'm not sure what other criteria they look for. I have Medicare only for insurance.

I know they verified my coverage & I had a $300/mo copay that I could in no way afford.

Contact me directly if I can help.

Originally posted by gwynnf View Post
    Does anyone taking Ampyra have Medicare? I'm due to start Medicare and I am in the process of choosing a prescription plan. The copays are ridiculously high. I have already talked to the drug company about financial assistance and if you are on Medicare they cannot help. Is anyone having better luck?
    ~jennifer
    1st symptom '94 Diagnosed 1999
    Progressive/Relapsing
    Copax/Rebif/Chemo/Tysabri/Rituxan
    Plasmapheresis/Steroids/Copax again/Tecfidera/Aubagio/Lemtrada start 10.5

Comment

Thanks. I now have Medicare AB & D and a supplemental plan through the state that I pay for. My pharmacy has been a nightmare saying they can only bill my second insurance if my first insurance denies....I think I finally have it straightened out, so I'm going to see what they find out before contacting the Ampyra support.

Comment

Working...
      X