gallbladder surgery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gallbladder surgery.

Having my gallbladder removed on the 20th. Worried about how long it will take to bounce back.

I know it's a relatively minor surgery, but stressful none the less.

Has anyone else had a cholecystectomy? How did you feel afterwards?

I had laparoscopic cholecystectomy, that is, the surgeon made three very small incisions and used special instruments to remove the gallbladder without making one long incision on the right side just under the ribcage.

That recovery was quite easy - I went to the hospital in the morning, went home that afternoon after the anesthesia wore off, took the next day off work, and was OK for work (desk job) the day after that.

If I had needed an "open cholecystectomy" (the bigger incision) I'd have been in the hospital for several days, and probably off work for several weeks. Not such an easy recovery.

I think only other people have "minor surgery." If it is you or your family member, it is always "major." Even when it is "minor."

I hope all goes well for you!

Comment

I had lap cholecystectomy back in 2004. Little discomfort for a couple of days but after that good. It didn't affect my ms at all. I did have some gi upset for a bit after it and lost a bit of weight but that was it. Hope yours goes as well. I'll be sending prayers on the 20 th.

Comment

Working...
      X