This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wishing you all the best.

I have realized recently that I am not welcome on this site. I used to feel comfortable sharing my feelings here, but I no longer feel free to say what I need to say.

I wish you all the best. I just wanted to say "good bye" to those who have said such kind things to me. Thank you for being there when no one else was. I will miss sharing my experiences. It really did help to have a place to vent.

I have never felt more alone in my life. But someone singled me out on a thread and really hurt my feelings. They said I was "happy now" and shouldn't still be venting. Now I have no one to talk to. I am truly alone and I am nothing but a burden, even here. I am not sure why I even exist.

Kitty

Dear kittysmith,
    I am so sorry to read that you are leaving the site. I always try to reconsider whenever I am tempted to silence myself. Along with forgiving the actions of others, over whom I have no control and who are often not as personally involved in my life as I may perceive, I try to forgive myself.

Your authentic voice has had meaning to me. So I hope, nevertheless, that I will hear more from you.

Take courage, be strong. Know that there are many strata to the lives we all lead. Sometimes the path is fractured.

Stay lifted,
    Susan
    "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."
-Henri Amiel

Comment

Please stay Kitty. We need you here.
      Seattle, WA
      Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
      Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Comment

I don't want to leave, but...

I don't want to leave. I really needed you all to help lift me up. But, I don't feel that my comments are appreciated.

I certainly don't want to offend anyone with my comments. I always try to be truthful about how I'm feeling b/c this was one of the only places that I could go where someone understood.

But this one particular poster really hurt my feelings. I already feel down and have no self esteem. For someone to come at me like that was completely unexpected. I just cannot be beaten down any more. I just can't take it mentally or physically.

I will be lurking, but probably not posting. Just as I do everywhere else, I can't say or do anything right, so I'll just keep my mouth shut.

Comment

Hi kittysmith,

Sometimes it can be difficult to interpret the written word. In this day of social media, text messages, instant messaging, e-mail, ect. the written word is, many times, misunderstood and the reason emotion cons are so widely used.

Each person will have a different perspective on what is written. Some will offer the kind of response the original poster may be hoping for. Others may read a post and have a different reaction and response, one that the original poster or even someone else reading will not like and the reason for disagreements.

It is always a good idea when posting to not expect all responses to be what you may be hoping for and to ignore those responses you find unhelpful.

Best wishes.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Sorry. I've just never had anyone single me out and say what this person said to me. There was no "misunderstanding". The message was quite clear.

I agree that the written word is harder to interpret. But, if someone goes on your thread and deliberately writes something that's just plane mean, it's hard to over look it.

I went out of my way to thank everyone who contributed to my thread. I don't know what else to do. We are all adults. If you can't accept someone's appology or don't agree with me, then just don't post.

Comment

Kitty,

I do agree with other posters that the written word is sometimes difficult to get the true meaning. Aside from that, I know when I am low, I react differently to both written and verbal word differently than when I am feeling well. It is an emotional roller coaster.

I doubt this person intended to hurt your feelings. But even if they did, they may have been having a bad day. Worse case, just as in our lives away from the board, we aren't going to like everyone we know, nor are they all going to like us. I wouldn't judge a whole street because of my one interaction with someone. Please look at all the support you have received and focus on that. You can choose to ignore posts that are hurtful to you. Likewise, you can go back later when less upset and reread the post. You may take it a different way.

From your posts, you need support. Don't walk away from the support you get here.
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Kittysmith - I just want to add here that if a post was particularly mean and it slipped by the moderator's pre-viewing, then I want to apologize to you! We try our best to not let this happen but sometimes it does.

It goes against our guideline as showing respect towards others at all times. So, please accept our deep felt apologizes.

We would hate to lose you because of this mis-understanding. You are an integral part of MSWorld and have lots to share with us all. I think we have all learned lots from your posts. We all learn so much here at MSWorld by sharing our experiences and knowledge, our thoughts are feelings.

I can sense that you are a tender-hearted person. We need people like you
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

kittysmith
                  There was no "misunderstanding". The message was quite clear.
                  This may be true. But, then we can go back to comments or opinions that you do not find helpful or nice. If this is the case ignoring future posts from the user would be the way to go. There is an "ignore" feature in, I believe, User CP.

There are many different personalities and life experiences among those on MSWorld and in the real world . Some people intentionally like to create conflict (Trolls) and sometimes a person simply believes and feels differently about how something came across in written form.

Sometimes how something is written can cause an instant reaction, positive or negative.

Don't be sorry kittysmith. Our real world is much more important than the cyber world. It might be more helpful for you to take what is positive from posts and if something makes you feel bad just ignore and move on (I know, sometimes it's easier said than done)
                  Diagnosed 1984
                  “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Here is the quote, sans recipient...

"It sounds like you are happy now. You came to vent. Now you are past it.

I have to tell you I didn't enjoy your response to my last post. I wrote about a moment in time. That is not who I am. And I don't have it worse than you. I don't want your pity."

This is the quote I recceived. I found it very hurtful. I do not know this person. I'm not even sure what they are talking about. It was very unnecessary and not condusive in helping me. It was just a hurtful quote.

Comment

I'm so sorry Kitty. You did not need this on top of everything else you are dealing with.
                      Seattle, WA
                      Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
                      Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Comment

Kitty,

I read this in the original thread. I think this an example of written word. It appears this person was upset by your general post, just as you were upset by their response. You are each entitled to your feelings and there is no right or wrong.

I don't think adding it to this thread helps resolve anything. No one can ease the hurt either of you feel but yourselves. But don't let this misunderstanding prevent you from posting. Focus on all the other posts rather than one you feel hurt by.
                        Kathy
                        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks.

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
                          Kitty,

I read this in the original thread. I think this an example of written word. It appears this person was upset by your general post, just as you were upset by their response. You are each entitled to your feelings and there is no right or wrong.

I don't think adding it to this thread helps resolve anything. No one can ease the hurt either of you feel but yourselves. But don't let this misunderstanding prevent you from posting. Focus on all the other posts rather than one you feel hurt by.
                          I was just trying to let you know what hurt my feelings. I did not use the name of the poster. But, you have put me over the edge.

I'm done. Goodbye.

Truely, thank you to those that did care. But I just can't take this anymore.

Good bye. I'm done.

Comment

Since I am the guilty party, I would like to weigh in. I am not a troll out to say mean things on the internet.

I was hurt by your comment, 'some people have it worse than I do'. I don't want to be compared. It was my intention to be kind and give of myself to help make your journey easier.

I attacked. That was wrong. Please forgive me.

Comment

Thank you kittysmith for your well wishes and the same goes out to you as well as all responders.

I am now closing this thread.
                              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                              X