Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Hope

Hello my friends,

This stupid disease, has pummeled me, on so many occasions and over and over again. I'm my pitiful MS prison, I pray "God, just kill me dead!" I can't keep doing this. Recently, I prayed a similar prayer, completely in misery and having a new attack. It just wasn't a life. I was loosing my home, out of money and I am on my own. I thought this stress would surely do me in. So again, I told God to take everything, EVERYTHING. I had no fight left in me, NONE. The next day, a group came to my home from a TV show and restored my home. Next my 3 year battle for SSDI ended.
    I come to this site so often to read, and in desperation post to the only group "that gets it .
    Today I wanted to share a Great story. There is no way I could have journaled that ending to my mess of a situation...but now I know, somehow, through the worst of the worst. A day will come when you are so happy you have weathered the storm.

I forget to share those days, and I do look for hope in posts. So today is a good day and I wanted to share it.
    Also, I found few words of wisdom when I was working with alternative practitioners (way back) I though may be helpful to someone.

1. You do have the best job, on the Titanic!
    2. Use your cleverness to think simply
    3. Stay focused on today, tomorrow will take care of itself
    4. Trust myself and my decisions, decisions are not made to be popular.
    5. You work for everyone but yourself
    6. After what I have been through, I can do anything!

Thank you for being such a wonderful group who give hugs freely whenever I need one or 10!

Much love,
    Tracy

Thanks for sharing! Glad you're having good days!
    Cheers!
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Glad to hear you are having good days. It is always good to read when someone is in a better place than before. Hope it continues for you.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks for sharing your story.

As to things you have learned, I think the one that resonated with me is: Stay focused on today, tomorrow will take care of itself.

I do, however, use "worst case" scenario thinking, as a way to thwart the constant thinking of a "what if." I figure the worst thing that could happen, formulate a plan of how I'd deal with it, then quit thinking about it.

I know it doesn't work for everybody, but it works for me.

Comment

That's great!! Thanks for sharing your good news!!
          dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Tracy, what a beautiful story of faith and hope.

Many times we write and vent about the trials we have to go through. Most posters respond with kindness and understanding, but we are limited in offering a whole lot more (even though these things are very important).

To read your post and your suggestions beautifully bring us back to the things we must focus on to endure and survive.

Thank you so much for sharing!!
            Seattle, WA
            Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
            Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Comment

Tracy42-what a great story! I'm so glad things are looking up for you. Adding my two cents-my mom always said "God never gives you more than you can handle." I didn't believe her until MS came along! Here's hoping the good times continue for you!

Comment

More than you can handle...

Yes, I sure remember that saying...And, I have been asking for a bit of a re-evaluation or lots of continued strength and restoration!
                I must say I had two very bad days last week, and laying on the bathroom floor, I was grateful for the bathroom and the floor. Having a comfortable place to be, unlike the last two years, just made things feel different. I didn't feel alone, I felt lucky. I hope I can always hold that feeling I n my heart.
                In it I am still alive, hopeful, not just existing.

Waiting for the CURE!!! But so blessed even as I am

Thank you for listening and your kind words.
                Much Love,
                Tracy

Comment

Working...
                X