lost handicapped sign & clip on sunglasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lost handicapped sign & clip on sunglasses

I do remember that I used to be very organized, USED TO BE. Now I was trying to organize my mess of stuff, and move it from the living room to my bedroom. In the process, I have lost my handicapped placard and my clip on sunglasses.

Well, I got a new handicapped placard ordered for $3.50, and I saw where I can order some clip ons for $20. But, I haven't ordered the clip ons yet.

My memory is very poor, and I can't remember what I did with them. I think it just frustrates me, because years ago, I would never loose anything, and always remember where everything was. I shouldn't complain, with all this other stuff I got going on, I shouldn't think twice about this.

At least I still have my glasses, and the only time I ever even need the sunglasses, is for the florescent light at the grocery store. I have stuff to eat, and I shouldn't complain. I have a bed, etc. With the little I accomplish, it is hard for me to understand how I could have lost this stuff.

Like I said, I shouldn't complain about this. But hey, at age fifty seven, it only took me over fifty years to loose something.

Like I said, take care, I just need to move on

Your sunglasses will probably turn up eventually. I usually find something after I've bought a new one.

As for you handicap placard, you might be able to get handicap plates on your car. I don't know if all states offer them. But it would be one less thing to keep track of.

Comment

your sunglasses will probably show up about 10 minutes after you order new ones!
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I carry a tote bag with me when we go anywhere. I keep my clip on sunglasses, wallet, placard , etc... in the bag. Then I have everything we need , easy , it's all in the bag.

Except I lost my placard one evening when we went out to eat. Instead of putting it back in my bag, I must have laid it in my lap. I called the places we had stopped at but no one turned the placard in.

I was able to get another one from the DMV. Didn't cost anything.
        Karen

Comment

Tote bag sounds like a GREAT idea

Thank you for the idea of a tote bag. I still have a couple of those. I do still have my prescription sunglasses by my front door. I'll just place them in my tote bag. Then I just need to remember to keep my tote bag with me at all times.

Because I'm not leaving it in the car again. My husband will be sixty three in December. And I kind of worry that he saw my sunglasses and handicapped placard when he was cleaning out his car. He is very discriminating about my illness, so I do suspect he just grabbed it and threw it in the trash. Maybe someone from work, rode with him when they eat their lunch together. That would be enough for him to decide to trash it.

I do worry about him. What are some of the symptoms of alzheimers? SP? I cannot think how that stuff can disappear. I know it must be rough on him dealing with a wife with MS, but I know how I would handle it if the situation was reversed, totally different. I knew somewhat I was in for more trouble, when he asked for a divorce after I was diagnosed with MS and LUPUS twenty five years ago.

I have Prayed and Prayed. I have run out of ideas, and since I know my brain is almost gone, ideas?

Comment

Huntered,

Isn't that the truth? As soon as you get new ones, the thing you lost shows up.

Comment

Before I knew I was sick I started to "hedge." I had extra deodorant at my BF's, singles in my car console in case I forgot my wallet and needed coffee. I still try to get redundancy going as well as put everything in the same spot. Now I have two DLs, even though I hardly drive any more. I dropped one at the co-op and they took two months to send me a letter to let me know they had it. I have bottles of lotion at work, at home, and at my BF's. In the day I would just remember to take anything I needed.

Comment

yeaaaa!!!!!! Found my clip on sunglasses!!!!!!

7:45pm ready to go to sleep, and there they are, right with my other glasses. It's almost dark, I don't know how I even found them. I have been Blessed. I know for me to still be around, I am receiving many Blessings, and am very thankful.

My husband even asked me if I wanted to go with him to the grocery. Energy or no energy, I said yes, and got my favorite ------vanilla ice cream. I even got two.

I think it just keeps the insides cool, so the MS can leave me alone for a couple minutes.

You know I'll be outside in the sun tomorrow, with my clip on sunglasses. I do have my flashlight here, so 1st thing tomorrow, after I have ice cream for breakfast, I'm looking under my bed, to see if my cell phone is down there.

I love you all, you knew I'd find them.

Comment

Hurray! You found them. Things are always exactly where they belong yet, when we are in a frenzy of searching, they disappear.

I love vanilla ice cream, too. I eat 3 cartons a week. Keeping the insides cool is an MS cure.

Comment

Working...
                  X