To many things at once.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To many things at once.

In the past year I've had a deformed pancreas from birth fixed, 3 stents put in it, two nerve blocks, numerous bouts of pancreatitis, a cyst on my pancreas that has been biopsied 3 times, each time staying the same size but the cells changing. I've seen a surgeon and he says even though the cells are precancerous, he doesn't feel like it should be removed since the cyst hasn't changed in size so I need to come back when the cyst grows or the cells have become cancer. Even though I am happy I don't have cancer, I feel like I'm waiting to get it. Through all this, the pain that shoots from my left side of my stomach then into my back when I eat continues as well as the weight loss. I have a call into my Gastro to discuss the surgeon's opinion and see what comes next.

I have an appointment to see a surgeon for my back. I had a pain/spasticity pump put in and later taken out. They left the catheter that carries the med to my spine. I was told after the removal they left it because it was easier and it wouldn't cause any problems anyway. Well, it did and now it has to come out. I asked for a copy of my mri results and was told not to be scared when I read it. As I read it, I understand where the pain comes from. Arthritis, degenerative disc disease, MS lesions, bulging disc, nerve entrapment-those were just the ones I recognized. The list went on and on, so who knows what all will have to be done and how much relief I'll actually get. Another wait and see.

Another surgery is coming in December to repair damage done from a fall I took while I had a catheter in. It isn't major, but it is one more thing. I have an appointment to discuss the bone density results and what to do about them, because I have a history of falls, I guess they think I'm a broken hip waiting to happen. MS of course has been present during it all. I had a flare that lasted most of the summer. It left me with more continuing problems. I'm tired. Tired of pain, doctor visits, and illnesses that can't be fixed. I fell yesterday. Silly me, I was reaching for the vacuum cleaner and lost my balance. I fell on top of it, hitting it, part of the kitchen counter and cabinets and then finally the hardwood floor. I'm bruised all over, who knows maybe even a cracked rib or two. It hurts and is hard to breath-Oh, and I broke the vacuum cleaner.

I want to have some fun, get away somewhere and relax. Maybe do something besides medical crap for awhile, but circumstances are keeping that from happening right now.
    Through all this, I've drug my poor husband right along with me. He never complains and does so much for me. I don't know how he manages to do everything he does.

Thanks for listening to me whine. Sometimes it does a body good just to say this is ridiculous-enough is enough!

Oh my gosh Kalliope, I'm so sorry you have to go through all that. You have not one but about ten full plates!

We all read each others' rants and vents, as in one form or another we can all relate. That's what is so good about this "place".

Thanks for sharing and take good care.
    Seattle, WA
    Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
    Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Comment

Sounds like you have had more than is fair

I was reaching for the vacuum cleaner and lost my balance. I fell on top of it, hitting it, part of the kitchen counter and cabinets and then finally the hardwood floor. I'm bruised all over, who knows maybe even a cracked rib or two. It hurts and is hard to breath-Oh, and I broke the vacuum cleaner.
      Ouch!

As much as you don't want to see any more Drs. I hope you go in and get checked out to be sure you have nothing more than bruising and aches and pains fromm the fall
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

When your right, your right.

SEAMSGUY-your right, it is great to have somewhere to come and just let out our troubles and annoyances to others that will listen and has an idea of what we're going through. Thanks for listening. It helps.

Snoopy-your right twice! For one, I don't want to see another doctor and two, I do need to see one and get checked out. I have an appointment in a couple hours. My bruises with all the colors of the rainbow are one thing, but the swollen ankle and sharp pain when I breathe or move is another.

Comment

That is alot to deal with. How is you rib and the pain now? Hope you are getting a little relief.

I sure hope better days ahead.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Oh happiness-nothing is broken!

My x-rays came back and my ribs are just badly bruised, as is my ankle. The swelling has gone down now, so I'm on the mend. Everything else is still hanging over my head but at least I don't have to worry about broken bones. At this point, I'll take what I can get.

Comment

Working...
            X