How True

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How True

I saw this on a friend' s Facebook page. There was no author associated. I just wanted to share as I know it fits a lot of us as we battle MS. It just hit me, especially as I read thru the struggles faced by each of us.

"The loneliest people are the kindest.
    The saddest people smile the brightest.
    The most damaged people are the wisest.
    All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do."

I hope nobody takes offense to the "damaged" description. I just take that to mean the people who have been thru the most have so much to teach. Coming to this board, I am reminded of that everyday.

I also know everyone tries to help and if they could, would shield others from the pain. But since we can't, there is always someone to share in our struggles and empathize.

That being said, others always share in our joy and victories, no matter how small.

Thanks to all who continue to share.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

sounds true to me, but how sad it seems.

Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
      I saw this on a friend' s Facebook page. There was no author associated. I just wanted to share as I know it fits a lot of us as we battle MS. It just hit me, especially as I read thru the struggles faced by each of us.

"The loneliest people are the kindest.
      The saddest people smile the brightest.
      The most damaged people are the wisest.
      All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do."

I hope nobody takes offense to the "damaged" description. I just take that to mean the people who have been thru the most have so much to teach. Coming to this board, I am reminded of that everyday.

I also know everyone tries to help and if they could, would shield others from the pain. But since we can't, there is always someone to share in our struggles and empathize.

That being said, others always share in our joy and victories, no matter how small.

Thanks to all who continue to share.

pennstater,

Thank you for sharing also. It keeps the world in balance.

I think the "people" your friends facebook page reference are those who realize that disposition is far more important than their circumstances.... and act on it!

The wise man is content with what is his. All foolishness suffers the burden of dissatisfaction with itself.

Jer

Comment

How True

[QUOTE=502E79;1464439]pennstater,

I think the "people" your friends facebook page reference are those who realize that disposition is far more important than their circumstances.... and act on it!

502E79.....Very well stated!

Comment

thank you for sharing that. How true it is! Sad, but true.
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Enlightening.

I think that quote is hauntingly beautiful. I am going to share this with my family. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Working...
            X