Medicaid Buy-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medicaid Buy-In

I am very unhappy living in the state I do, and I know not many states have Medicaid Buy-In, but I know Massachusetts does and I graduated from college there over 20 years ago, so I have some familiarity with the Boston area. I am open to other states having the buy-in except for Florida, if they still do.

After yet another fight to get transportation to a Medicaid-covered service, I have decided I probably do not want to spend my remaining years for this. Optic neuritis was my presenting symptom for MS in 1994. I have had only one other episode in all these years, but since around 1998 I have had poor night vision of unknown etiology, though I blame the MS, I must rely on public transportation, which is practically nil in my state. Even in the most populous county, it basically shuts off at 7:15 PM.

I would like to get leads to other sources, including message boards, where I could plot my escape.

Given the era of my onset of illness, Buy-In was an experiment, later picked up by my state in 2000. I wish to move to an area where I can have better access to transportation and I do not have to beg the system for a ride to the doctor's and would open up employment and social activities for me because I am stuck after dark. If I cannot see to drive there, I cannot get there.

So I am looking for a lead on a state and any restriction on my moving there. The most common is having to be a resident for 6-12 months before being able to join the program because, hey, states want to limit people who could be a drain on their programs, and with the costs of MS, we are all a drain in bureaucrats' eyes unless married and on a spouse's insurance.
Working...
X