No announcement yet.

Pseudo Flare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moz, I understand how you feel about shifting into 'battle' mode after 30yrs of service. But once the employer/employee 'bond' has been violated you don't have a choice, at least not without causing great financial harm to yourself and those you love.

Sounds like good news that things are moving forward with your attorney and your MS doc.

Comment

Thank you MSW! Yes, that long time trust is totally gone. I wouldn't want to work for a group as uncaring as this bunch has turned into anyway. The laugh is how we are in the healthcare field and supposedly care about people!!

Now I am looking into the STD. Lol I may have already said that but will meet with my friend tonight to review all. Now not sure if I just wait for them to fire me (which I am sure they will for not signing previous letter they gave me and continue working so at least I am getting something. Not even sure if I can collect my disbursements while on STD. This is all so new to me and I feel so dumb. I never thought I would be in this situation as many of us have. Of course I worry now that my contributions to SS have been dropped since my hours of work have dropped.

I have asked for the phone number to the STD company so I can find out exactly how much they will give. Sad to say unemployment will pay more than what I am getting now, busting my butt. Gonna be tight for a bit I can see.......

Never would wish this on anyone...

Comment

Not Easy Going

STD will only pay me 50%, at the hours of 24 weekly, this won't be livable here in NYC and raising a 16 yo boy. Two weeks of it would go to the "obama" health insurance (for what that's worth)

Now I am wondering if I should just let them know that I will not be signing their letter as requested (as per my attny) and not wait for the deadline. It's like playing chess around here! Have things to continue to think about and will try to contact my attny to see if I should just forgo the deadline of 21 days they wanted that signed and returned.

Comment

Was just pulled into office cause today is the 21st day that I had to review the letter and sign. Not happening and advised doctor as such. Asked him if he wanted my "employer consultant" aka attorney name. Got no, I don't want it. Oh well, ball now in their court.

Lets see what their next move is. Sorry if this is boring or long winded story. Would like for others to possibly benefit from sticking to their guns, standing up for themselves and getting through similar cases.

Thanks for the vent

Comment

moz, it's never boring to hear from someone who is at war with no armor, but who continues to battle with the enemy!

Keep us posted, please. Too many people need to know your story.

Comment

Moz,

I really admire your strength. It is difficult enough to drag yourself in when not feeling well, but when it is a hostile and stressful environment, near impossible. Keep going, we are all in your corner.

Best of luck.
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks for your support! STD is not an option. I don't even make enough to cover my rent! What's that about. I went from a substantial salary to almost poverty.

I am continuing my fight and know God is on my side. Keeping the faith.... Basically, one minute at a time never mind the day by day! Keeping to myself except when my patient's come in. Was advised yesterday that it was day 21 that they wanted me to sign the letter which I refused and let them know that. Since they had told me when I asked for my new schedule and hours, that they were consulting with their employee consultant (wouldn't even admit to attorney) I told them I refused to sign as per my employee consultant- Think this took them off guard. Will see....
                Check mate!

Comment

Priceless and LOL

moz, 'they were consulting with their employee consultant (wouldn't even admit to attorney) I told them I refused to sign as per my employee consultant- Think this took them off guard'.

BTW, have you or your 'employee consultant' filed with EEOC?

Comment

MSW, I haven't filed but I am sure my "employer consultant" will. We are really just at the beginning so not sure what has been done so far. Just hired last month so still in early stages of getting all of our proof together.

Never thought I would come to this after 30+ years! If I had known, I would have kept better records as I definitely have issues with memory....

Thanks for the response. You all are giving me the push I need to know I am doing the right thing. You all make me feel so much better. This is so not me, but in this for my 16 yo son too. Lawsuits go against my grain but so does big corporations that have no empathy or care about long term great workers.

Comment

Updating my battle

Well, still here in this hostile environment. Now that I have an "employee consultant" on board, they are tripping over themselves to make it easier for me although don't really talk to anyone around here anymore. All business. Of course my symptoms are still worsening.

I have applied for unemployment for the hours that were cut through no fault of my own. Waiting to hear but wouldn't surprise me if they try to fight this. Will see....

I am still taking home less than my rent! Between a rock and hard place. Have tried to get my son's school to lessen the load and decrease his tuition. He definitely doesn't want to change high schools and to put him in a public school around here, would be impossible. Waiting to hear from them. It is taken from his deceased dad's social security which of course would be of tremendous help to me to survive.

Tried my 401 disbursements but that turned into a nightmare. $800.00 mth net is not a lot to survive on in NYC! Keep plugging along until I can't plug anymore I guess.

Comment

Getting better..

Ok, so the Obama insurance for NYS has upped it's monthly cost by 100.00! so that drops my net pay for the month down by another 100.00 bucks. Does not include my son's. 700.00 per mth, YEEEE HAAAH! SMH. After over 30 yrs of same place and now this?! WT?

So I be strutting big time these days! Would nearly rather go to jail to get all paid medical, roof over head and 3 squares!!

Comment

Only problem with that option is the child care providers are the pits.

I know things look pretty dismal, but try your best to keep your spirits up.

Comment

Really at wits end. Not sure how I will get out from under this cloud. That actually is not a true option as I come from a cop family so would be embarrassing to say the least.

I know down the road it should all work out but in meantime I am going nuts having to depend on family financially. Never had to do this before. This place is getting to be unbearable.

Never even get a good morning, bad morning, go to hel*. Oh well, doing my best.

Thank you for everything guys!

Comment

Working...
                            X