No announcement yet.

Another tv show with MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching West Wing with my dh has opened several windows into what I'm going through in a way that he understands. The writers for that show seemed, to me, to have had some camera following me in my life, recording all the incidents/feelings/frustrations that I have gone through pre-dx, at dx, and after dx. So, I agree that most of t.v. is fiction, but fiction based on real facts.

Case in point, also--Big Bang Theory. The writers for that show are meticulous about the science behind anything they portray. Sure, the story is fiction, but the science behind the scenes is correct.

Which brings me to think that West Wing is/was exactly how someone (else) with MS had it, handled it, grew older with it. Not exactly like me, but exactly like someone else may have had it. We are all unique in our battles with this disease. I'm thankful for the windows.......

P.S. I have no clue as to why we didn't see it in the first run of that show. Am leaning toward the fact that hockey took precedence throughout the fall and spring; we missed out on a lot of good stuff! Until now.

Comment

Originally posted by AnneLouise View Post
      I don't watch shows that portray characters with ms.
      Luckily...or sadly, depending on how you look at it, there aren't that many of them!

Personally, I would love to see more. Even a commercial...
      Tawanda

Comment

Trapped MS Commercial

Have you heard about the "Trapped" ad that the MS society put out & quickly took off the air?

http://gammyawards.weebly.com/televi...vertising.html

Comment

Originally posted by kellygrn View Post
          Have you heard about the "Trapped" ad that the MS society put out & quickly took off the air?

http://gammyawards.weebly.com/televi...vertising.html
          I always thought my mother's form of MS was just like that woman's MS in this scary commercial. I even journaled my feelings about my mother's MS before I had the disease myself and described her as "trapped". I guess most people would think this commercial a farce but it hit home for me. As cruddy as I feel, at least I can still communicate...for now. My mother could not. Very sad.
          Tawanda

Comment

sorry!

Originally posted by kellygrn View Post
            I've had MS for over 50 years. Imagine in the next 10 years I will be in a nursing home.

1. Feeding yourself with "normal" foods or being on a special diet like I am.
            2. Taking care of bodily functions (pee, poo & cleaning up after)
            3. Speech issues ( mine has gone almost completely)
            4. Having a social life. I rarely leave my home because wheelchair/bed bound.
            5. Doctors come to you. Or Medicare will pay for trips to doc office.

Not everyone has a wonderful life with DMD's that work. I was dx at age 12 so there was nothing out there for me. Glad there are so many drugs available now.

KK
            I wish you were better. I have MS too and it is a horrible disease . You are right , drugs do help sometimes . Age 12 , wow you never got to experience a lot . I feel bad for me and there u are , I guess I have some things to be thankful for in this crazy world . I will pray for u , because that is what is left.

Comment

Just watched Trapped! SCARY! Was going to rant about Scorpion MS until someone posted some background on the character. Didn't know about her form - must be SPMS. I have PPMS & everyone seems to think I can take shots or "change my diet" using the MS diet guru-which I hate any reference to-& I will get better. Now I won"t rant to the TV when I watch Scorpion.

Comment

Working...
              X