Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you all use for a drinking glass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't lift the container

I use a Rubbermaid 20 oz container with an 18 inch plastic straw in it. Better to have it stay in one place than me spill it everywhere!

I did purchase a 32 oz Bubba cup that retains temp for many hours. It is great for afternoon coffee after aide has gone home.

KK

Comment

Q

I love real glass glasses but have had to give them up because I'm dependent of my caregiver to wash the dishes.She has broken every cup I've and plate I've bought. She tells me the problem is the glass. It breaks. Of well. Just another thing I've had to give up. (She breaks the plastic ones, too. It must be that banging sound against the sink that she likes. Oh, well.)

At least plastic glasses have improved over the years. When I was a little girl they would pick up smells of everything around and smell disgusting.

The ones that seem to be the best for my MS are shaped heavier on the bottom so they don't tip over so easily. Also, I have one that has dents in the sides so my fingers grasp better and they don't slip out of my hand. I have bad tremors and hand coordination and I HATE spilling things.

Thanks for this post. It reminded me I need to look for some new ones. I dread the day that my favorite cup gets a big crack in it. I like the idea of a wide mouthed mason jar. I could use it with a straw and it would taste really good.

Comment

A glass and husband or somebody to carry it generally.

Comment

Glass is fine

I CAN USE A GLASS AS LONG AS I REMEMBER TO FOCUS WHEN I LIFT IT OFF THE TABLE AND KEEP MY LITTE FINGER HOOKED ON THE BOTTOM. OH YEAH, WHEN I'M HOLDING IT I ALSO HAVE TO CHECK PERIODICALY TO MAKE SURE I'M NOT TIPPING THE GLASS AND POURING MY DRINK ON THE FLOOR! LOL

Comment

Thanks for this post. I was thinking about this since I have been stuck drinking iced coffee with a lid because I tend to drop cups due to my annoying tremors.

Comment

Houd Daddy, Thanks for the suggestion to use mason jars. I got some and they are great.

Comment

Working...
              X