Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about some fun! What is your guilty pleasure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about some fun! What is your guilty pleasure?

Well.....I guess I'll begin. I take one hour out of the day to watch my favorite Soap Opera "The Young and Restless". What's become interesting in the storyline is the character Nikki Newman was diagnosed with MS about three years ago. I haven't seen them do alot of justice to it but it's wonderful to see the disease recognized and they refer to it quite a bit.

I just thought this might be kind of fun!

Can't wait to hear the scoop on all of you. Hope you join in!

My Best to each and everyone of you.

Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Hi Susie I bet that would be interesting to watch! My guilty pleasure is eating some (maybe 3) dark chocolate squares immediately after dinner. Then I eat another one right before I go to bed.

Actually, it's pleasurable and I don't even feel guilty!

I'm gonna move this to the Good Life forum. Thanks for thinking of something fun to talk about!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

My Guilty Plesure

I love to cook. My kids are grown, daughter is far away in North Carolina but my 20 yo son (and his girlfriend) just moved back in. I used make them and my husband every night dinner and made them what they wanted- not an easy task as one kid liked one thing and the other didn't. Now I make whatever I want. Great but noone to eat with (my husband left me but that is awhole 'nother story). Now the son and girlfriend have moved back in (to get the house ready to sell) I have someone to cook for! Guilty pleasure is cooking dinner!
      I used to be in control of my body. Now the body is in control of me!
      DX RRMS 1997 SX 1995 or earlier
      Breast Cancer 2002 thought the chemo put me into remission. Boy was I wrong!
      DMD Avonex 5/11, Baclofen 60mg 10/2012, Tecfidera 6/19/13

Comment

As silly as it may sound, I escape to the basement and reload bullets. I used to shoot all the time and I'm hoping I can again once it cools off. I really enjoy the quiet and experimenting of it. It's very rewarding when a new load recipe works accurately.
        Diagnosed RRMS April 2014
        Trying to be the best dad I can!

Comment

I like to make beaded jewelry (bracelets & cat collars) and enjoy doing puzzles. These hobbies relax me and get my mind focused on something "positive".

Also, I like to bike ride or take my dog out for a walk.
          Nikki

Comment

I would say my extreme chocolate habit but I don't feel one bit guilty!

I would have to say reality TV but not just ones like Survivor. I don't discriminate, I even watch trashy ones like Wife Swap!

Jen
            RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
            "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

That sounds great! what do your cat collars look like?

Comment

Thanks Emily! I can send a few pics via email if U want to see? I use mostly glass, stone and crystal beads. I make different designs with a magnetic clasp so the kitty can break away freely if he or she gets caught up in something.
                Nikki

Comment

Crystal meth.

No, joking, joking, joking. Joking. Jo-king.

Breaking Bad, Doctor Who and the Walking Dead, not that there's any reason to feel guilty, but they are a pleasure.

Indeed the return of the zombies in October is another reason to kick on.

Comment

I dont watch tv but I will indulge occassionally and binge watch.
                    Watched bbreaking bad in a month, then all of game of thrones, then caught up on the new doctor who series. Torchwood now, but library only has 2 seasons of it
                    1995-symptoms with no cause
                    2000-diagnosed with Probable MS.
                    2000/1-started Avonex
                    2002-Rebif b/c increasing brain plaques
                    Nov-13-Tecfidera b/c needle fatigue&sympt

Comment

My guilty pleasures are trash TV!

Mostly Survivor.

But even more embarrassingly, those trashy true-crime shows, like Snapped.

I feel so dirty...

Comment

Special Kay......you made me LOL!!!!

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                        RRMS
                        Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

waiting for the kids to go to bed......closing my room off from the main house (I live in the add on den to my parents house....my room door was once the back door to the house....still looks like one.....putting a blanket over the door so no one can see me.....

Watching How I met your mother.....SVU.....Sex Sent me to the ER......DVR Soap Operas......Switched At Birth....The Fosters.....Anything by Marvel.....Family Feud

While excessively drinking....LOL....got a large 64 ounce sweet tea to last me most of the night.....and a huge capaccino with extra whip cream mixed in then more whip standing 4 inches over the top.....Dunkin Doughnut holes for later snack....back door open for nice cool night air and a ciggarette in my hand.....not allowed to smoke in the house....but at night what no one knows....

in my gown....dont have to sit proper and cover my legs I can be as graceless and slouched as I like
                          I yam what I yam
                          and that's all
                          that I yam
                          ~Popeye

Comment

Working...
                          X