Painful swallowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painful swallowing

I get this feeling like I have something sharp in my throat when I try to clear it or when I am talking will suddenly stop with this pain as if there are needles or thorns in my throat. This all started after severe bronchitis with laryngospsams. My voice is always hoarse now and this pain on swallowing. Any ideas if this is ms related or something else? Saw ENT. She said no nodules or tumors. Only that my throat was red

Sorry about your pain in your throat. You did the best thing and that was getting checked by the ENT first.

Have you ever looked into the symptoms of glossopharyngeal neuralgia. It's not necessarily a symptom of MS, but just like trigeminal neuralgia isn't always a symptom of MS...it can be seen as a result of MS because one of the cranial nerves is being attacked.

Here's a link to an article, you'll find lots of info if you google the term. I imagine treatment would be similar to treatment for trigeminal neuralgia (neurontin, tegretol, etc.)...but I'm not a doctor. Read about it to see if it matches your symptoms.

http://www.mayfieldclinic.com/PE-Glo...M#.VBN0LUitoTE

Comment

Thanks I will check it out!

Comment

Working...
      X