Is anyone on monthly IV solumedrol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone on monthly IV solumedrol?

Hi there. I am having a rough time of it. My Neuro. Is in the process of switching me to a new DMD. In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone gets monthly IV Solumedrol? Thanks in advance!

I did it for four years about a decade ago..

It was fantastic for me while it still worked. I was teaching at the time and it really kept me working. So much energy! My house has never been cleaner....

One month it stopped working. Boom. I was rushed but, in the years that followed we did try it once in a while and it never worked again. It has helped several of my friends too.

I have done several chemo drugs since then and now have been on rituxan for several years.

Best of luck.
    "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

Comment

quesrion

MSLazarus, may I ask, are you RRMS?

They are not sure what I am right now...

Thanks!!

Comment

I would love it, but I can't have it. Blood bloody pressure.
        I can have every other body-buggering drug on earth, but oooh no, not the 'roids.

The only ones that work - full IV cycle three times, ever, worked a treat.

Comment

Hi Mom....

I have never been RRMS. I think it has been a slow, steady progression...with many times that were better then others but never without symptoms since the start.
          "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

Comment

Yes!

I was on 1 gram once a month for 4 years and now I'm on it once every 6 weeks. It has kept me upright and mobile so I am happy to be able to take them. My neuro told me to double my calcium and vitamin D while I am on it because 'roids rob your bones of calcium.

When I get an infusion, I feel terrible for 3 days but for the next 41 days I feel mostly good. I know without them I would probably be in a wheel chair right now.
            All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

Comment

Working...
            X