working with ms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

working with ms

Hi, i just have a general question how many hours can you work if your on perament and total disability?

diguilio, you should try posting this question at the Social Security Disability Questions Answered by Attorney Rich Feingold topic board.

Comment

Thanks MSW- I moved this to Rich's forum
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

It is not the hours, but the $ if you are referencing SSDI. They have a dollar limit and reference it as substantial gainful activity. If you search the SSA gov website, you can find the monthly limit. If you are referencing long term disability thru your employer or a private policy, that is separate from SSDI and is governed by the terms of the policy.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Actually, if you look at the reason post on job being outsourced, Rich indicated SGA amount is $1,070 gross income per month. If you earn that, then not considered eligible for SSDI.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Can I work and receive benefits

Hello, diguilio and everyone. Diguilio, when you say "permanent and total disability," you are referring to Social Security Disability Insurance Benefits? SSI benefits? Worker's Compensation Benefits (because the terminology you are using sounds more like a Worker's Compensation term). There are different rules for SSDI vs. SSI benefits.

Rich
            Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
            X