Worsening Heat Intolerance??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worsening Heat Intolerance??

As a former sun loving woman, I unfortunately developed heat intolerance several years ago (I have cold intolerance as well). As far as heat, I had a threshold of 81-82 degrees that begins to zap my energy and turn my body into jello. This year it starts happening at lower temps. It seems as though I am ok until it reaches the upper 70s!! Is it normal that the intolerance worsens?? I have no fever or infections, it's just an issue with the temps. Thankfully I have a cooling vest & hat. I'm just curious whether anyone else has had this happen.
    Possible MS 1993, RRMS, Dx 2007, SPMS 2013. Avonex - Oct '07 - Jul '12, Gilenya - Sept '12 to May '13, Tecfidera - June '13 to present. You see things as they are and you ask why..I dream of things that never were and I ask 'Why Not?!'

When it was first suspected I had MS, and then later when I was diagnosed, I was all like, thank god I don't have this heat intolerance that most MSers have!

Every summer I have progressively been more heat intolerant, until this past July when I passed out from the heat and smashed my face, breaking off a tooth.

Comment

wasn't heat intolerant at first......now I can barely walk outside when it is hot and if it is humid out forget it!!! I am 39 but feel 89 the second it gets warm!
      dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Anything over 70. Too hot! I passed out in the bleachers at my sons high school graduation in 2003. That was long before my dx. It was 100 degrees that day and we were sitting at the very top of the bleachers. Now I just stay away from daytime.

I think the more we are exposed to heat beyond our comfort level, the more it progresses.

Comment

When I was first dx I had no problems with the heat it was life as usual. Then as time progressed I noticed I couldn't stay out as long. Now I can't take it at all. The unfortunate part is my job requires that I be outside for extended periods from time to time. By the time I get home I like a wet worn out dish towel. Absolutely good for nothing. So you are not alone. There are many who are heat intolerant.
          Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
          Babe Ruth

Comment

Ms Heat/cold

I get very tired from the heat but the cold effects me more.

Comment

Working...
            X