Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massage Therapy for Spasms

Hi all!

I have been having horrible spasms in my right leg that are making the leg more weak. I'm walking or using the tread mill and my recumbant bike. I sometimes feel likes it's irritating the leg where as it was making me feel better. The Neurologist ordered Massage Therapy and wondering if anyone has tried and received some relief with it?????? Could it be more leisions??? Anything or info would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance and hope you all have a relaxing Labor-Day weekend.

Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Hello Diamond,

I've been having bad leg spasms as well, and they are making my life miserable at times. Massage therapy would help greatly because it would calm the spazzing muscles.

You might want to make sure you are drinking enough water too because that can make spasms worse if you're dehydrated. I was taking simvistatin for cholesterol and that too can cause spasms and leg pain so I stopped it to see if it helps. (I'm telling my PCP about that too, lol).

If I over-exercise my leg pains and spasms get worse. Try to be more gentle and do lots of stretching before and after and only exercise every other day.

I saw your last comment on your long thread and it isn't a big deal. Please don't delete your account! Have a good weekend!
    Take care, Wiz
    RRMS Restarted Copaxone 12/09

Comment

I bought myself a year of massages for my birthday a few years ago and wish I could still afford them--it was amazing! After 50 minutes on the table, my body felt 20 lbs. lighter and it was so much easier to walk. And they de-stress like almost nothing else. I have to figure out a way to get them back in my life, preferably from someone who comes to the house

Comment

Todays Appointment

Thanks Wiz for the comment. I took a break fora few days. This site is so wonderful and informative. I was a little sensitive. I'm glad to be on again. The support here makes me feel so secure.

To day I went to the hospital for Massage Therapy. Actually, didn't get a massage just an evaluation and checked my body out. My legs been out of site. But did walk a couple times but the fatigue really grabbed me this week.

Poppydarling I can't wait to start after reading your post. They are going to begin next week with gentle and not deep tissue. I would recommend to your Dr.how much that helped you and your insurance could take care of it. I've only had one professional massage years ago and when I came out of there she did me more harm than pleasure. I remember it wacked my neck out. I do stay hydrated on a daily basis. I have always been a water drinker and that's all I drink. I was diagnosed in June and slowly have been changing my diet. I just can't do it all at once. Baby steps.
        I appreciate both your posts and will let you know about my first appointment. I CAN'T WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend and take good care of yourselves.

SusieQ

Diagnosed 6-28-14
        RRMS
        Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Working...
        X