#IceBucketChallenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#IceBucketChallenge

Many of you have probably seen the Ice Bucket Challenge online, on the news, etc.

As a "Patients Helping Patients" organization, MSWorld is supporting the ALS Icebucket Challenge. All donations received by MSWorld from this challenge will go directly to support ALSA.org.

All videos submitted of the #IceBucketChallenge will be posted HERE. (Remember to check back often)

I (Ashley Ringstaff) have accepted my nomination for this challenge, but put a twist on it! So please take a look.

If you would like to send in your #IceBucketChallenge, please e-mail them to CreativeCenter@msworld.org

**BTW, yes I did call out Kathleen Wilson, MSWorld's Founding President Let's see who accepts my challenge...**

Thank You!
    Ashley Ringstaff
    Ringer1319/RingpOP
    MSWorld Volunteer
    Living with MS since 8/30/10

I originally posted this on a separate thread, but, decided to add it here so it might be more easily seen.

Opportunities to donate to adult stem cell research, rather than embryonic stem cell research, exist here:

Click the Make a Gift link in the left column of their web page.

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Ridiculous

"The ice-bucket challenge has been getting a lot of heat, partly on the water wastage front, and partly because the executives at the American charity that started it, the ALS Association, have had their massive wages exposed like the nipple of a freshly-drenched starlet. The charity’s president is on £200,000, its chief financial officer £120,000 and its chief of public policy £110,000."

Kinda puts a damper on the whole thing.
      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks Choco.

Another reason to consider donating to another facility. I suspect that a research university would not be over-paying their faculty, but I haven't looked into it. Also, the stem cell research isn't focused so much just on ALS here, but on a multitude of diseases that could benefit from the research, such as MS.

Click the Make a Gift link in the left column of their web page.

~ Faith
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
        X