Quest for Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fear and Hope

Sometimes I am terrified. A pure fear unlike any I have felt in my entire adult life.
    It is the fear of what could,...most likely will, happen to me.

As I watch my right arm slowly succumb to this insidious disease, I watch my last bridge burning.
    It is this fear that won't let me quit. There would be no quicker way to what I fear...than quitting.

Fear and Hope. At opposite ends of the spectrum. The closer you move towards hope, the further you get from fear. So am I running towards hope or running from fear?

After building a career...and a character, based on the mantra of "not being motivated by fear"...
    Am I motivated by fear?

Stand Time: 6 minutes (surpasses my longest stand time from 18 months ago)

Comment

Windwalker,
      You have every right to fear the unknown. MS has rarely been defeated or slowed. There seems to be some hope and merit to HSCT as a valuable treatment. Time will tell. If it turns out to be a 'standard', many MS sufferers will get a second chance at living a 'normal' life. By the way, Don Quixote was , I believe, 'tilting' at windmills. All of us MSers are faced with the unexpected. Do the best that you can, I wish you well.

Comment

Where are you WW?

You haven't been around, are you ok?

I've had a very rough year but now I'm feeling more hopeful. I'm getting another round of in home PT/OT and I really like my PT guy.

Although I have a lot of trouble doing my simple leg strengthening exercises, I'm having fabulous results from my eStim thingy. I have the one with EMS/TENS/RUS/IF modes but I only use the EMS mode. My PT said I can use it 3x/day for 30 mins each. I'm amazed at the strength I have from using this thingy and it has given me new hope. My PT guy is also impressed with its effectiveness. You should get one.

Hope you are ok.
        ---------------
        "It's never crowded along the extra mile." --Dr. Wayne Dyer

Comment

Working...
        X