Stem cell treatment for MS, seeking information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stem cell treatment for MS, seeking information

I am interested in finding about an actual stem cell treatment anywhere in the USA. Does anyone know about any legitimate treatment facility using stem cells? Has anyone achieved successful outcome with stem cell treatment? Does anyone have any information about the Stem Cell Rejuvenation Center in Arizona? Did any of you or do you know of anyone who has been treated at this center?

Hi maple,
    You would think that this board would be the place to seek out MSers that have gone through every treatment out there, including stem cell treatments. I have asked some similar questions, but no one has responded. I am curious to hear from MSers that have sought and received treatments and it would be great to hear about positive outcomes. Good luck

Comment

stem cell treatment

It is indeed very frustrating not to be able to get a reliable information about this treatment. I simply do not know how to get in touch with anyone who has actually undertaken this treatment. The centers such as the Stem Cell Rejuvenation Center in Arizona will not give my name to their formal patients to contact me, if they so desire, about their experience with the stem cell therapy. I certainly would be happy to share any positive outcomes. Please let me know if you get any information on this issue.

MAPLE1231

Comment

I am currently undergoing stem cell transplant (HSCT) with Dr. Burt in Chicago. Basically this is high dose chemo coupled with growing ones own stem cells and, once the patient undergoes chemo to eradicate their faulty immune system, the new stem cells are transplanted back into the patient.

I am part of the Phase III clinical trial for this treatment. Once this phase is done, it goes to the FDA for approval as a therapy for MS. I have what is called aggressive RRMS (I've been non-responsive to three DMDs) and so am a good candidate for this therapy. You can search clinical trials to see the particulars about this study.

Also, there is a Facebook group called Dr. Richard K. Burt Stem Cell Study (HSCT) Chicago where you can read countless accounts (there are links to many patients' blogs) about this therapy. I've completed the first part of this therapy (1 day of chemo, growing new stem cells through Neupogen injections and then 'harvesting' these stem cells) and head back to Chicago in September for 3 weeks inpatient which will involve more chemo and the actual transplant.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Comment

Check the ActiveMSers thread here and on website of the same name or FB too for story by the guy who was in the NYT recently for winning his appeal to have his stem cell treatment paid for by his insurance. He can probably help you! If not, check NIH, I'm sure they could refer you to someone.
          ---------------
          "It's never crowded along the extra mile." --Dr. Wayne Dyer

Comment

Just search for user ActiveMSers and his story will come right up!
            ---------------
            "It's never crowded along the extra mile." --Dr. Wayne Dyer

Comment

Working...
            X