tingling in chest and hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tingling in chest and hands

I have several bulging discs in the thoracic and lumbar regions. My kids tell me I have swelling in my back ( thoracic )... they can feel it when they rub my back.

Once in awhile I get this weird tingling in the upper part of my chest close to my neck and one finger. Sometimes my face gets a little tingly or tight. But, I also have MS. So I'm not sure if this is MS type nerve pain or if it could be from my discs.

Can anyone relate? It's almost an electric shock type tingling. Maybe it's inflammation??
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Originally posted by marti View Post
    I have several bulging discs in the thoracic and lumbar regions. My kids tell me I have swelling in my back ( thoracic )... they can feel it when they rub my back.

Once in awhile I get this weird tingling in the upper part of my chest close to my neck and one finger. Sometimes my face gets a little tingly or tight. But, I also have MS. So I'm not sure if this is MS type nerve pain or if it could be from my discs.

Can anyone relate? It's almost an electric shock type tingling. Maybe it's inflammation??
    I get pain, spasms, tingling and numbness in my face, hands and arms. I don't really have issues in my chest area too much but I would say those could be MS symptoms you have. From what I understand back issues normal generate issues from their location and lower but not normally higher then the area of damage.

Comment

I'm totally guessing here, but I bet it's a c-spine lesion that's causing your tingling, at least in the finger. I'm one of those patients that has mainly spine lesions (only 2 in the brain, based off of my last two MRIs), and I get random tingling all over my body. Just walking a little bit for some reason will cause my chest to tingle at times, and other times I'll have tingling that doesn't want to go away (usually when I'm going into a flare, it normally starts with numbness and tingling for me).

Also, if you google an image of dermatomes, you can see that if you have a c-spine issue, that can radiate to your arms and fingers. As has been said, thoracic and lumbar issues shouldn't cause any abnormalities that high, although it could explain the chest tingling.
      Diagnosed 1/4/13
      Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

Working...
      X