Time to Change meds??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to Change meds??

I have been on copaxone for 11 out of 15 years and am having to switch I think. I get these very strange reactions to it lately, major chills and shaking. Takes me a full day to recover from it and neuro and Shared Solutions say it is not a normal reaction they have heard of. If it happens again I think I will need to look at other options but I am nervous as I have been extremely stable on Copaxone.

Neuro gave me pamphlet of Tecfidera. How do I know if it is time to switch or if I should tough it out as the benefits of Copaxone have been huge for me.

Krystine
    Diagnosed 2000 RRMS. Copaxone 2000 - 2010 Rebif 2010 - 2013 Copaxone 2013 - 2014 Tecfidera October 2014
    "You can't appreciate the good days without the bad ones."

tecfidera

I haven't been on Copaxone, so I'm not really helpful on the switching question.

But I can say that after almost a year on Tec, I like it. I did have some side effects for the first couple months, but now I can't tell I'm taking it. (I do eat with each pill, so it's also forced me to eat breakfast, which is good).

I have residual sxs from last year's flare, but nothing new & very stable MRIs.

Is stability due to Tec or just not my time for a relapse? I don't know, but the Neuro is pleased & says to stay on it.

Everyone is different, but most things I've read say Tec is at least, if not more, effective. The only real concern I have is it's newness....there may be long term impacts we just don't know about yet.

Good luck with your decision. Chills & shaking sound icky.

Comment

I have also been on Tecfidera just over a year and I like it. Occasional flushing and itching. But nothing I can't handle. My thighs still have dimples from the copaxone and I haven't been on it in 4 years
      Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X