Anyone have trouble with cords?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have trouble with cords?

It seems like especially in the last couple years I have a terrible time dealing with electrical cords. I trip on almost every one I try to step over. When I go to pick one up I either drop it repeatedly or get it tangled around stuff and big knots in it. I'm taking about something as basic as my phone charger frustrates the heck out of me.

Overall I am a lot more clumsy then I ever have been before, but I just wondered if anyone else found dealing with power cords particularly frustrating?

Dale, You are not alone. Little cords are always a problem for me and my walker too. One of us will trip up on it. I end up jerking my computer's power cord out. Thank goodness its magnetic and built for that so it just pops out so that there is no wear and tear on the connector. Phone chargers, extension cords, they all have my name on them, they are mine, my husbands, our kids, they are everywhere! I have tried many ways to deal with them, but the best way I have found yet is to wrap the cord with bright orange or green tape so that I can see them and will be less likely to run over them at full speed.

Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

This is a funny thread for me. Behind my telephone, answering machine, internet modem, DVR and television I a giant wad of cords that I don't think I will ever get untangled.

Then beside my bed are my nebulizer, clock and mattresses cooling system. The cords are all in a ball. An to the right of me are the chargers for my cell phone and ipad. Then there is the lamp cord.

There is no end to cords. They keep going and going.

Comment

Originally posted by palmtree View Post
        This is a funny thread for me. Behind my telephone, answering machine, internet modem, DVR and television I a giant wad of cords that I don't think I will ever get untangled.

Then beside my bed are my nebulizer, clock and mattresses cooling system. The cords are all in a ball. An to the right of me are the chargers for my cell phone and ipad. Then there is the lamp cord.

There is no end to cords. They keep going and going.
        I know, it is crazy, I never really noticed or thought about cords in the past. Now they are everywhere and they are evil!

Comment

Cords, straps, strings, necklace chains...

Anything that can get tangled confounds me. It's not so much tripping over them (although I do that too), but when things get tangled, I get confused and can't figure out how to sort them out.

And what is it about that dang extension cord I use for the weed whacker? Every time I'm done with it, I take the time to wrap it neatly around my thumb and elbow, two wraps around the loops, and plug the ends together, nice and neat. Not once has this ever helped. I might just as well just bunch the whole thing together and throw it in the shed. But I have to admit that this was true even before I had MS.
          PPMS
          Dx 07/13

Comment

yes the cords

Hi i use bread ties and tolit paper rolls .They work well on some cords. it drives me nuts to to . i know this is not were to ask so heres is how do you become a regeserd member ???? [or am i and just dont know it ] i truly like it here .
            ty

sassycatsms1

DX 6-2002 PPMS

Comment

Originally posted by sassycatsms1 View Post
              Hi i use bread ties and tolit paper rolls .They work well on some cords. it drives me nuts to to . i know this is not were to ask so heres is how do you become a regeserd member ???? [or am i and just dont know it ] i truly like it here .
              ty

sassycatsms1

DX 6-2002 PPMS
              If you have a username and password you are a registered member. Since you were able to submit this post I would say you are... So welcome!

Comment

Thanks Dale76

TY Dale 76 some days im all heer most im not tho lol lol . never thot way that way. lol lol .

sassycatsms1

Comment

Working...
                X