No announcement yet.

Going to Start STD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the reply MSW. I definitely have had ups and downs and did contact a discrimination attorney who is going to take my case. This is as my job after over 30 years has put me on part time and taken away all of my benefits. I am the only one in this big corporation that they have done this to.
    As far as my son and school, yes you are correct he is in a private school. Have to send him to private in NYC. Unfortunately, his dad passed away when he was 12. I am only one raising him with help from my family who live one hour away. So it's not easy. I will contact the principle to see what I can do.
    I know they want me to quit which I won't do, at least not until I speak with the attorney again. Now I just want out on disability as it's getting harder and harder to get up and come to work. Especially knowing that there is nothing to look forward to. They are telling me I can be ordered to cover another office if need be. Can't do this as one other office if huge and would be difficult to do the walking. My memory is in the toilet also. I am going to also look into emergency SSI.
    I did not apply for FMLA before getting shifted. I could not live on nothing so had to continue to work. I am the only breadwinner (isn't that a freakin laugh!) Even paying my rent is stressing me out. Will have to move out of my apt. Everything so up in the air.
    Am also thinking of taking out from my retirement to live off that...thinking would be better than stressing over the bills and how I will make ends meet.

Comment

Mamabug, Toot away!! Great to have people that can answer questions on this road to what feels like nowhere.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X