Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My day. . .

[gross/whiny/long]

The kids are gone, but I'm not. Our AC is broke so it is 97+ in the entire building. I fell getting out of the bathroom, so my boss dials 911. I start to tremble all over and shoo the paramedics away as soon as we're alone. Even though my boss used his cell phone to call because guess what else doesn't work, he's still notifying his boss there was an emergency call and drops my name.

A few hours later, I'm in a room in the basement. A colleague offers to drive me home and I accept. As I'm fumbling with the keys the cat comes up and I say, "do you want to come in"? He says "sure" and follows me in. STUPID on my part! All I can think about is how bad I feel!

Then he hugs me, and doesn't let me go. I said, "Ok, thanks for the ride. . ." and he starts frotteuring me and I'm like OMG, I'm too weak to fight him off. . .he asks if he can kiss me and I say NO but he doesn't let me go. I'm just hating myself so much right now, I'm too weak to use my car or my legs. . .we pre arranged that he'd drive back and pick me up tomorrow. .he finally leaves.

Guess where else the AC doesn't work? I decide to use the toilet, which I suppose is the great undoing of the entire day. I go to change my item and the blood winds up going in this huge arc--white rug, pants, panties.

Now I'm sitting on the laundry steps, reading CALL YOUR UNION REP emails from mother, I would never make myself to be that person the trouble making person for any reason and have not the energy or moral compass to make the workplace a war zone. Sure, people are there to help, but there are a million little things that have to do with your autonomy and your dignity and every one of them leaves a vulnerability that isn't your fault but shouldn't be visited on others either. The reason why I was a good employee was that I mitigated damage for myself and others and was no drama and fun to be around, protective of myself and others professionally.

Oh my! What a nightmare kind of day. I certainly hope that all things improve as soon as possible; and stay away from that fellow who doesn't understand "no". You don't deserve that!

Comment

This is a tough day.

You didn't do anything wrong and don't have to protect this jerk. Please consider making a report as soon as possible. Otherwise, this jerk will probably not be comfortable around you and may make things difficult for you

I will be praying for you. They say if you put ice water in front of the fan, it helps cool the room.

Comment

What a brutal day. I do hope your AC is back running. I would also report the jerk that tried to take advantage of the situation, knowing you were not feeling well. I want to call him a few other names, but don't want to offend anyone...but he really is an ***.

I hope today is a much better day.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

You're NOT the trouble making person! I'd file some kind of paperwork against dude that drove you home! What kind of a knob tries to take advantage of someone who was in your poor state of health!

If you have a union, I'd definitely involve them. You don't need the added stress.

Jen
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I'm sorry you had a bad day.

What Cat Mom said though. It is yours and anyone else's EVERY RIGHT to make a complaint of sexual harassment / unwanted advances. I hope you don't think that others that file grievances are troublemakers? Because they are not.

Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Working...
            X