If you're interesting in building a ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're interesting in building a ranch

I remember our prior home. The garage then entered into a small laundry room, then a door opened to the kitchen. Then the kitchen was wide open to the wide open open dining room/living room.

I didn't build the house, but the couple that did, must have been very smart. It was really nice to bring the groceries in from the car, and the kitchen is right there. Now our home we live in, is the opposite. I hear my husband bring groceries all the way from the car, to the back of the house, where the kitchen is located.

Hi Marie,

I totally agree with the benefit of a ranch home. Fortunately, in our area of the country, there are lots of ranch homes.

We moved a couple years ago, and are in a ranch style home now. No steps, inside laundry room, very wide open room plan.

In our previous home, even though it was a single story, there were steps to get into the house, and steps down into the laundry room which was in the garage. Laundry became very hard to do, especially in the summer...too hot in the garage. Now I can manage if I do it in spurts.

When I read your title I didn't realize you were talking about ranch homes but ranches, as in cows and horses

Comment

I have the floor plan you are describing.

One thing that helps me with groceries, is I have a wagon...one of those red ones. I put all my groceries from the trunk into the wagon and then pull them right into the kitchen. Use the wagon to take out garbage too.

The wagon has helped me a lot.
      Katie
      "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
      "My MS is a Journey for One."
      Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I like the wagon deal. I will have to go on a search for a wagon for myself. My husband unloads the groceries but he has COPD and has a hard time too.

Comment

Working...
        X