No announcement yet.

assistant to help me sort knee socks, that have accumulated since I've been ill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

assistant to help me sort knee socks, that have accumulated since I've been ill

Back when I used to work, way back when, I'd just spend a dollar or two for a new pair of socks or three I'd be needing that week.

Well we all know what happens when we are no longer working. Well my daughter came over, and we spent an entier day, well she spent the day, I no longer have the brain energy to match socks.

Well, I got enough for my dressor drawer, then donated many pairs to residents at a local nursing home. With their expenses, the last thing they want to give five dollars for is a pair of knee socks for the winter.

So, that worked fine. They were all clean, and greatly appreciated. If someone has enough brain energy left, it is a much needed task.

The one gentleman was so thankful, that he offered to wait by the gait in Heaven for me, so I didn't have to wait in the line. I have never been paid so greatly in my life. That was well worth this donation. That was so kind of him.

I'll b looking for him, because I know my day is near

Marie,

Thanks for sharing. What a beautiful sentiment the gentleman expressed. I was starting to feel sorry for myself, and then read this. Amazing what we take for granted and what a simple gesture as new socks mean to some people.

Thanks for the reminder about the little things in life. I am now inspired to clean out clothes! And my self pity with it!
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Marie,

Sorry...hit submit before done. I am sorry to hear you are not well. I truly hope your time is not near, unless this is what you wish. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
      X