Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diamond starting on rebif...wanting to know.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamond starting on rebif...wanting to know.

Hi everyone! I wrote a little about myself in the introduction section. I got my diagnosis on Thursday of MS and will be starting on rebif in 3 weeks. Any info would be great to share with me. Of course.......a little nervous but to be expected. My attitude is good so far. Had a more difficult this weekend as you silently question your mind and hope for the best. I did read some on the medications but not alot of comments. I hope it isn't all that bad. Thanks in advance if you choose to comment.

My best to all of you.
    Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Hi Diamond! I hope your time on Rebif is long and fruitful I posted on your initial, introductory thread as well to let you know that I've had an easy time with Rebif. I'm on a Monday/Wednesday/Friday shot schedule and do mine at approx. 10 PM each designated evening. I take 2 Advil about an hour before the shot. I've had no issues to speak of with side effects. Occasionally, I've noticed a little bit of sleeplessness on shot nights (waking up in the wee hours), but that hasn't been consistent and may not be the drug. I don't have any troubles with flu-like feelings or anything like that.

Try to administer the shot into fat - that will take away a good bit of the "pinch" of the shot, and make sure to always do the 2 minute massage afterwards.

I don't know if this really has any bearing on feeling good on Rebif, but I also make extra effort to stay hydrated on shot days. I just make sure to drink my 8 glasses of water, nothing too special.

If I find a certain area of my body getting too "ouchy" when I give myself a shot or in the days afterwards, I skip that area in my shot rotation for a bit. Don't feel like you absolutely have to give yourself a shot in an ouchy area. Just keep track so you're not always giving yourself a shot in the same place.

I just gave myself shot 151 yesterday, no problems at all and, most importantly, no signs of disease progression according to my neuro. Fingers crossed for both of us for success with Rebif!

Comment

That makes me feel better. One of the problems is I'm very thin....100lbs. But will take that good information with me and appreciate what you told me. So happy you didn't have depression. I've had severe bouts of depression since I was 13. They can always adjust my anti-depressants. I will let you know how it goes. I am only on medicare and my prescription plan is WellCare. I know they have assistance programs but until my Dr.s office gets all the paper work done I'll have to see.

Hope you have a pleasant day. It's cool in Mich today but the sun is out. Believe it or not I have the heat on 70. I'm so dang cold all the time. I like warmer weather. Take care.....
      Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS

Comment

Many people do great on Rebif! I wish you the best.

Comment

So great to hear!!! Thanks!

Diagnosed 6-28-14
          RRMS

Comment

Will rebif take away the numbness and weird sensations?

Just asking?

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS

Comment

What all of these meds do is try to keep your body from accumulating new damage. If you are able to heal up some of the damage to your central nervous system, some of these symptoms may decrease or go away. They may, however, be permanent; it's all individual. Rebif itself won't help those sensations to go away, but it may help your body stop attacking itself so much so that more healing can take place.

Comment

Alicious that is great and hope for the best. Today I had a wonderful day. Took a nice walk and went and saw friends I haven't seen in awile. I've kept myself more secluded. I'm getting over anxious not hearing from the nurse. They told me I'd be starting in two to three weeks but nothing yet. I've taken more anxiety medicine lately because my body just can't seem to calm down and I'm feeling bad about that. I only try and take that kind when I'm uptight. I guess this is a good enough reason to do so instead of suffering. I love all your input new friend. Have a wonderful tomorrow and many days ahead.

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                RRMS

Comment

Waiting is really, really hard, but you'll be starting sooner than you think. I'm glad you took a nice walk; taking care of yourself is critical to staying sane through all of this.

Comment

Working...
                  X